Quality Inn Midway Airport
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$488
US$240
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$271
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree shuttleford cityroom was cleanclose to the airportawesome hot breakfastshuttle serviceoutdoor poolac unityogurtfree continental breakfastan overnight stayshower curtaincheck in was quickthe hotel offersthe breakfast areadowntown chicagobusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We found the hotel to be clean and in very good condition, with very good service all around. Carpet and drapes in our room looked good but in dark colors, consistent with the older but weel maintained feel of the property in general. The bathroom is medium sized with good supplies and pretty tile throughout. Views here will be either toward a shopping area (our view) across a busy 5-lane (2+2+1) highway, Cicero Rd., or a quiet industrial area - there's a pallet factory set well behind the hotel. On the far side from Midway and same side of the highway as our hotel is the Ford City Mall, offering an Applebee's and an IHOP as alternatives to the in-house restaurant. We had breakfast twice in the hotel restaurant, finding the service excellent and selection quite good except no vegan options. Food tasted good, though tended toward being heavy. Fruit was fresh. Beds are comfortable and noise was low. We appreciated being on the 54B bus line for trips up and down Cicero, which included going up to Oak Park. It's a long ride so we'd be tempted if doing it again to take the Orange line to the loop then Green line back out.

Room Tip: If noise is a high priority, ask to stay in the back row.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SouthernFamilyOf3
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I didn't have high expectations and still this hotel managed to disappoint. I checked in on a Sunday afternoon and planned to leave at 4:45 am to catch an early flight. After arriving at midway I learned that my flight was postponed for several hours. At this point, I had been out of the hotel for approximately 30mins. I called the hotel and asked if, given my new circumstances, I could return to my room to sleep for a few more hours rather than waiting at the airport. I was first told that I would need to pay for another nights (again, 30mins had passed from the time I set foot outside the hotel). I asked to speak to a manager who claimed MY ROOM WAS BEING CLEANED. At 5:30am. When I hadn't even officially checked out. So not only were the unwilling to accommodate, they offer up the most ridiculous rationale as to why. I would sooner sleep in the street than stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Laurelmcg
Reviewed 22 April 2012

While a little dated the room and hotel are satisfactory. Room clean plenty of towels whole hotel is non-smoking. Only wish they would triple sheet the bed. Big flat screen in room and couch as well as aq nice little work area. The hotel has a 24 hour shuttle to Midway airport and the orange line train to downtown Chicago. In addition the bus stops right outside the hotel 24/7/365 to take you from/to the elevated. either way about 20 scenic minutes to the loop. Very convenient for seeing sights of Chicago while leaving your car in their free lot. Shopping mall and restaurants abound in the area.

Room Tip: Try for the fifth floor as it seems to be the least noisy although not much noise anywhere
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank darsben
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I got stranded in Chi due to a flight cancellation and was desperate to find a hotel that would not break the bank. Four Points is not one of the names I usually trust for a quality stay but since it was the only hotel with a vacancy that would not cost an arm and a leg, I decided to take a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. While the hotel shows some wear, the staff was very friendly, greatly appreciated after the stress of being stranded, I had a decent meal at the adjoining restaurant for a good price, a good night’s sleep, the best complimentary breakfast that I have had in a long time and a friendly van driver getting me to the airport in the morning with plenty of time to catch my new flight.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve1362
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I have stayed here several times when I have a very early flight to catch out of Midway. Hotel is convenient and has free parking. For the price, the hotel is adequate. It could use some updating but the staff is accomodating, price is right and it is quiet and convenient. It is now a Clarion property. Perhaps they will upgrade it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family