“Great service, bad property”

Quality Inn Midway Airport
Ranked #142 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great service, bad property”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I was traveling with my family and I have 3 month old baby. I myself have asthma and allergies. I had booked this hotel since it was close to the hotel and was a great price. We had 2 rooms and everything was fine in the check-in process. The lobby looks a bit outdated, but clean overall. The staff was was very helpful and friendly. We got our rooms and my mother in law noticed that in her room the floor was wet. The area was by the bathroom, so it could not have been the A/C unit. I called the manager and he changed the room for me. I ended up leaving due to the fact the other room given to us still had a damp / musty feeling to it. I can't risk this with my baby and myself having breathing problems. We called priceline and they ended up giving us a refund after speaking with the manager. I would not recommend staying here for those reasons.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sajid S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just a horrible hotel. There were numerous, very noisy, high-powered fans in the hallway, presumably trying (not so successfully) to conquer the smell and feel of damp. The room was dark and dingy, but worst of all was the staff: surly, curt, or downright unpleasant, depending on whom you were talking to. I realize that others, like me, may stay here because of the price, but I suggest either spending a little more, or taking your chances on another budget hotel nearby. I doubt you'd do worse than this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank archie_leach65

Travellers are raving about these Chicago hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I booked this hotel because of the free airport shuttle and because it was listed at a much cheaper rate than other hotels in the area in the same category. I specifically requested a crib in the room for my baby when making my reservation and called the day before arrival to confirm but was told when I checked in that they could not find a crib and there was nothing they could do about it. Since it was late at night, I didn't have much choice but to take the room anyway. The front desk agent, who didn't speak English well, was initially unhelpful and told me there wasn't anyone she could call to ask about the crib. Oddly enough, that was untrue as she managed to find one for me and have it delivered 5 minutes later. The room was average (torn carpet patches) but clean. The shuttle to the airport was on time and easy. It was overall what I expected for a hotel so moderately priced.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Ugh...When our shuttle turned onto the property,I knew I had made a mistake reserving a room here.The picture of the hotel on this website makes it look appealing. The lobby smelled musty and appeared cluttered. As we walked down the hallway to our room,I noticed the carpet was soiled and stained. Upon opening the door to our room,the first thing I noticed was the carpet was worn with holes in it.The shower head did not produce a strong spray of water. Our room,though very outdated,was clean. We checked and did not find any evidence of bed bugs. Management needs to replace and update/remodel.Would I stay here again? Absolutely not.

Room Tip: Pay more and stay at a better hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BethanyG550
Calumet, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Choice seems to have real issues with keeping their act together with their older hotels. This is a prime example, and it's quite clear why Sheraton pulled their branding from this facility and management. The room and furnishings look as though they were once nice, and probably cleaned back before Clarion took over, but it seems as though the carpet hasn't been swept and surfaces haven't been dusted since then. The bed was reasonably clean and comfortable, and the shower came equipped with someone else's blood on the outside (some of the towels had oddly reddish stains on them too). I would've expected this kind of quality from a $50 motel, not from a $110 one. Breakfast is not free and the wifi is slow. I would recommend passing over this one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank HighTech_Redneck87
London
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I am writing this on my phone because the Internet is down, just as it was a week ago when I stayed here. The location is convenient. The shuttle driver is nice. Breakfast was delish. On the other hand, dinner is just plain gross, there is no way to print your boarding pass because the Internet appears perpetually on the fritz, the restaurant at dinner can't get an order right and everyone on the evening shift appears perturbed. The TV has a very confusing interface, and overall I think you could do a lot better. This place sucks.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank gaucho v
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel just south of Midway Airport and found that it clearly needs to be updated. The room Air Conditioner did not work at all! The restaurant has minimal service and the food has little taste, the rooms furniture was adequate but if you are flying into Midway you better take the hotel's phone number to call for shuttle pick up. The morning shuttle left every 30 minutes. I couldn't find a cab, the city bus blew me by and the only place within walking distance was an Applebee's. I decided to eat 1/2 mile north closer to Midway where there are 6 hotels next to each other and several places to eat. Stay at the Holiday Inn. It's worth paying more.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeffrey B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#137 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Quality Inn Midway Airport? Share your experiences!