Quality Inn Midway Airport
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttleford cityroom was cleanclose to the airportawesome hot breakfastshuttle serviceoutdoor poolac unityogurtfree continental breakfastan overnight stayshower curtaincheck in was quickthe hotel offersthe breakfast areadowntown chicagobusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2008

We stayed at the Four Points on a Saturday night prior to a Sunday morning flight out of Midway. We arrived to the hotel around 8pm. We contacted the hotel for shuttle and didn't have a long wait. Upon entering the lobby we noticed that there were people all over the place as a large family reunion was being held. When I say all over the place - I mean people laying on couches, all over the chairs, surfing the internet like they were sitting at home (my concern - what if a traveller would like to check in for their morning flight - We had done that from home).
I booked this room using my starwood points - had we paid I would have been very disappointed.
Check in:
I over heard the young man state that he had "changed our room" - not sure what that meant.
Room:
We could not get in with the keys issued. The door seemed quite worn. It seemed as though they were not sure what to do about our key situation..
One of the clerks came up and was able to finally get it open.
The room was worn - but OK for just one night.
Dining/Bar
We went to their bar - there was another couple in there and they soon left. We had a couple of beers and then looked at the menu (24 hour dining right next door). Not impressed - may it was the time of our meal (about 9:15)
Check out
Was fine
Shuttle back to airport - we sat there waiting while the driver watched TV. We got to the lobby and were told shuttle would leave at 7am (About 15 minutes). The driver stunned himself when he realized it was 7am. Upon finally getting into the shuttle van the driver needed to tune the radio, adjust his mirrors, adjust his seat....It seemed to take forever. Those seem like things that should have been done prior to us sitting in the van waiting for him to go.
OH - and the walls are paper thin. We heard people shouting in the halls until about 1am. And then it started promply at 6am.
May have been a better stay without the family reunion.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2008

We stayed here for the following reasons:

1. Free Chicago parking
2. Free shuttle to train station at Midway
3. Points per night were 4,000 on Starwood

The employees were extremely friendly and cooperative, the shuttle drivers and front desk bent over backwards to give you anything you needed.

My basic complaint with the property is that it needs a good makeover. Double beds in two bedded rooms are too small for this man and his wife, "we got little or no sleep". Not that we shouldn't lose at least 100 pounds between the two of us, but I do prefer queen beds in two bedded rooms.

The room itself was tidy, but needed updating. Certainly nothing to keep me away from it. The HVAC system was noisy and did not keep the temperature very steady, we spent the night either too hot or too cold -- very little sleep for either of us. The TV didn't work most of the time we were there, we would have moved rooms but weren't in the room enough to bother with that.

Two free computers and printers in the lobby to use for guests were very convenient.

Parking is free here, so we were able to leave our car and use public transportation to get around town at $9 for a two day transit pass. Shuttle service was near immediate every time we needed it. They gave us a number to call when we were approaching the train station to let them know you needed picked up.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 April 2008

Hotel quite clean, friendly, quiet on backside away from Cicero Blv. Reasonably good restaurant on premises. 24 hr shuttle svc, every 20 min or, if they don't have people scheduled, eg in middle of day, will go right away. Will also take you direct to CTA Midway train station. (This is connected by skybridge to airport terminal, but walk from airport is about a quarter mile, so if you like using pub transit train, have shuttle go direct to train/bus station). Room rates are yield-managed to some extent, but got much better rates than downtown, same chain or other starwood affiliates, and I like to read paper, etc on train to loop area. If you don't want/need to be right in Loop, check it out.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2008

We were in Chicago for one night and stayed at Four Points. I enjoyed the stay! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location was nice... it was near a shopping mall and only about 2 1/2 miles from Midway airport. Check in went well and the staff was nice. I booked the room through Priceline for a rate of $74 (taxes/fees included) I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank The-Clouds
Reviewed 3 January 2008

My wife and I were in Chicago and staying at a 4 Pts. downtown (see review). When we arrived at Midway Airport we discovered our flight had been cancelled due to weather. I might add that if the airline would have told us on the phone an hour earlier that our flight was cancelled, we would've never left the downtown area.
Anyway, our airline gave us this "distressed traveller" form with a phone number on it. It provided area hotels at a discount. The operator stated that a 4pts. was in the area and was available. Having good luck so far with 4 pts., we decided on this hotel.
After making the reservation, we walked outside and the shuttle was standing by for us. The driver was very nice and helpful with our bags. During the drive, he made small talk with us about our weekend.
Upon arrival to the hotel, we entered a very small lobby. The desk staff was also very nice and gave us information about the hotel amenities. We then went up to our room.
We arrived at the door to our room. It stated "Starwood (something)". Anyway, we thought the room would be of the same quality of the downtown location. The room was large with a king size bed and a couch with a hide away bed. The problem was that the room either was a former "smoking" room or just really musty. The smell was something we just had to get use to being that most of Midway flights were cancelled causing the rooms to fill up. As for cleanliness, we really did not have any complaints. Everything was very clean in the room, just old.
Wanting to check out the area, my wife and I decided to go outside and kill some time. We did go over to the mall next door for a while, however Target, Costco, and other businesses were across a very busy street. If you feel daring enough to cross this street at night during a snowstorm, go ahead. My wife and I just returned to the hotel.
We went to the 24 hr cafe in the hotel. There was a very limited menu. We ended up just splitting a club sandwich which was actually pretty good.
I guess under the circumstances, the hotel wasn't all that bad. The best way that I can describe it would be "tired". Everything just seemed old, outdated. It wasn't on the same level as the 4 pts. downtown. Would I stay there again? No.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple