This hotel is convenient if you need to stay near Rush University Medical Center or the University of Illinois-Chicago. As mentioned by others, the lobby is small and unfriendly. The rooms are standard Marriott rooms, and contained adequate plug ins and lighting for those that need to work and/or want to read.
It wasn't hard to connect my laptop to the wireless network (after paying the usual outrageous fee), but when I wanted to connect my ipad and iphone to the network, I was requested to sign in again and approve the extra charge. Fortunately, I was not charged double to having multiple devices connected to the network.
I discovered the hair dryer only worked on one speed-low. Had I not had extra time this morning that could have been a problem. There was no coffee pot in the room-something that's very handy in the morning, if you want a cup of coffee before getting dressed and going down for breakfast. I saw the sign in the lobby about serving Starbucks coffee so I assumed they had a Starbucks in the lobby where I could grab a coffee and roll this morning. I found out that the sign was for their restaurant that served Starbucks coffee.
Although my room was on the concierge floor, I was told that I did not have access to the concierge lounge since I wasn't a gold or platnium (sp). Usually the rooms are a little nicer on the concierge floor and usually they allow everyone on that floor to access the concierge lounge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel located opposite Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center & University of Illinois-Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago Marriott At Medical District/Uic Hotel Chicago
- Marriott Chicago Downtown Medical District