“Great Service”

Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC
Ranked #137 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently stayed here with a group and it was a wonderful experience. This hotel had some of the most helpful staff I have ever encountered. They were always friendly, quick to answer questions, and very accommodating. The hotel shuttle was prompt, leaving on the half hour and getting everyone to their destinations. I ate lunch at the restaurant one day and the food was excellent. The room was clean and very comfortable with all the amenities needed. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for others with no hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I went to Chicago with my sister for 9 days and 8 of them were for days of seeing specialist all over the city. The hotel staff was so gracious and helpful. Julian was always on top of helping us with directions and getting us cabs and the shuttle service was on top of it. Always big smiles and friendly service. When we got ready to leave it was like we were leaving family behind. Thanks for all the great service and the welcoming feeling you gave us.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front of the hotel facing the Rush hospital, a lot of sirens and very busy but n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

As a Platinum Elite Member, I spent over 100 nights last year at Marriott Hotels and Terrance is by far one of the most professional, courteous and knowledgeable Concierge Host I've ever met. Management should take notice of this talent! Thanks, Terrance!

Room Tip: 4th floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The shuttle service is a good reason to stay here. But Big Karris is THE reason to use the shuttle. He grew up here and is the nicest shuttle driver in the world in the world! The hotel is very nice and everybody tried to make sure everything was perfect. Breakfast was fine. Would stay here again for either something at the United Center or Rush.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel is really a great hotel. The rooms are lovely, the staff is everything. I stayed at the hotel for my moms surgery. They made sure I was ok. Very hospitable. Harris the shuttle driver. What an guy. He is ultra friendly. I love him. He reminds me of a valet teddy bear. Just full of love. He is accurate and speedy. Always with a smile.. Made me feel happy even when I was worried. The girls at the front desk are wonderful. They always welcome you back and smile. Terrance in the concierge lounge. WOW... He goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Long talks and dinner with him made me feel comfortable. I really takes the time to get personal with you. Its not live no other concierge I've ever seen.. He don't just stand there.. He interacts with you.. I've told him many of times I can tell he is cut from a different cloth. Not everything from Detroit is bad. I felt like I was in my own living room. He is so lovely. This hotel has a staff that cannot be replaced. I will recommend the hotel to all my friends. If your having to go to Rush hospital... You should stay there.

Ps. The Chef... The Baked Chicken And Pork Chops are amazing. You are a true cook.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I arrived at this hotel on 1/5/14 after driving in a winter storm. I was so glad to arrive safely that I hugged the valet! The bellman, valet and front desk were all so welcoming. My room was a good size with king bed, mini-refrig (which is appreciated since I was there for a week), laptop safe, and nice bathroom accommodations.
I had room service two nights - the food was good and the servers pleasant. I ate in the restaurant one evening - very friendly staff and again the food was good.
One of the best things about this hotel is the shuttle service. I used the shuttle to and from my office. This was so handy when the weather was -45 degrees and snowy! The shuttle drivers were friendly. During the drives home, I enjoyed talking with Karris...so friendly and personable. I would highly recommend this hotel - the staff alone make your stay more enjoyable!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had tickets to see Beyoncé at the United Center, and decided to book a room here instead of trying to drive back home to the burbs. So glad that I did. 1. The hotel is a little over 1 mile from the United Center 2. It snowed like crazy that night. No way did I want to be out driving in that weather. The hotel has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 1 mile radius. It stops at 10:30 p.m.; but there were so many people at the hotel going to the concert, that they made special accommodations for all guests to get there and back (even though the concert didn't end until after 11 p.m.). My only negative comment is that I find the $39 valet parking fee kind of high (considering the hotel is not in downtown Chicago). Thankfully, I was able to get a hotel rate that included the valet parking for a reduced amt. As far as the hotel itself goes, staff was very friend and helpful, and the rooms were very nice and clean. My fiancé is in love with the Marriott's bedding, so I darned near had to drag him out the room so we could check out. Lol! When he found out the linen Marriott uses is available for purchase, he had the nerve to put it on his "Christmas list." Smh!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple