7,873 results
All reviews west tower big bar the river navy pier huge hotel convention hotel millennium park wacker drive the magnificent mile wrigley building michigan ave mini bar location is great the loop valet parking high floor art institute
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I just left this hotel yesterday having been there for four days attending a conference. Great downtown location, great conference facilities. My room was neat and clean, but honestly nothing above and beyond what you'd find in other hotels. The staff was very friendly and professional. Be aware that meals in the hotel restaurants will really set you back, even in the American Craft Kitchen restaurant, which I believe is supposed to be their more casual restaurant. When the hotel is busy, as it was when I was there, the elevators are TERRIBLE. I would not mind at all staying here again for business, but I don't believe I'd take my family if we were visiting Chicago for leisure.

• Stayed: August 2013
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your most recent stay with us and found our conference facilities to be great. We hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I recently returned to Chicago for our wedding anniversary. We try to go Chicago at least three to four times a year and always stay at the Hyatt. It has a great location where it is close to the shopping on State Street and a downhill walk along North Michigan Avenue. We had breakfast each morning at the new American Craft Kitchen & Bar. which opened around April 1, 2013. We like the Hyatt due to the staff that work their. Their long-time employees remember guests considering the thousands that stay each week. Edwin who is one of the best omelette chefs is just one of many great employees. We try and stay in one of the Regency Club rooms as they have great views of the lake or the Chicago River. Reka and Chantale of the Regency Club are two of the nicest Hyatt staff we have met. We were able to see fireworks on Wednesday night from our room which is always cool. The rooms are totally nice with floating beds. We always park our car in the garage. They are very good at delivering cars in the time stated.

Room Tip: We have had many junior suites, but prefer the floating king beds located from the 33rd to 35th floors in order to be closer to the Regency Club.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 Star review for Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you were able to experienced our newly-renovated downtown Chicago hotel and our brand new restaurant, American Craft Kitchen & Bar! Edwin, Reka and Chantale are all amazing, I'll be sure to pass along your kind words. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We recently stayed August 1-4, 2013. This was our first trip to Chicago. We were celebrating our 22nd Wedding Anniversary and Lollapalooza. Anna checked us in. She was so personable. This set the tone for our visit. Every employee we encountered during our stay was professional and personable. Our room was on the 22nd floor with a breath taking view of the lake.
Our room was spotless, comfortable and beautifully decorated. On Saturday night we watched the fireworks from our room from the Navy Pier.
We had cocktails at the Big Bar. It had fantastic views!
The hotel was close to Grant Park and Michigan Avenue.
The Hyatt was in the ideal location. Close to everything.
We had one of our most memorable trips here in Chicago thanks to the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room. You won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind kinds about Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your 22nd Wedding Anniversary and Lollapalooza in downtown Chicago. I'll be sure to pass along the compliment to Anna as well, she's great! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel has an amazing location in the downtown area of Chicago. It had good restaurants located in and around the hotel. It was walking distance to Navy Pier, Grant Park, and right off Michigan Ave. The room was a little on the poor side for a recent remodel. I would say you probably dont want to spend much time in the room anyways so it might not matter much. My wife and I stayed here during a trip for Lollapalooza. The walk down the street to the park was really easy and yet we were far enough away that the crowds did not affect us on the other days of our trip.

Room Tip: Check in early to get a good room. Ask for a view of the river or navy pier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! It's so great you were able to experience Lollapalooza 2013! Thank your staying at our downtown Chicago hotel for the festivities. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel definitely caters more to business travelers, but it's a very nice place to stay with comfortable beds and clean rooms. The bar and lounge area were very modern and fun and seemed to be a good place to hang out. The location was good, but not great depending on what you are interested in during your visit.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your most recent stay with us and got a chance to visit BIG Bar at Hyatt Regency Chicago. I hope you can come back to visit us again soon!