7,888 results
All reviews west tower big bar the river navy pier huge hotel convention hotel millennium park wacker drive the magnificent mile wrigley building michigan ave mini bar location is great the loop valet parking high floor art institute
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The check-in was easy and our room was ready before 12:30 which was quite a surprise on a Sunday afternoon. All of the staff was polite and spoke to you often. I was there for a conference at the hotel and it was super to have everything in one location. We were on the 17th floor facing Navy Pier. We really enjoyed watching the boats, kayaks and people from our window.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Navy Pier and a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great location in downtown Chicago near the river walk, city parks. The view from our room was fantastic overlooking the river walk.
The rooms were nothing fancy, they were clean and nice enough, just no wow factor that I would expect from a Hyatt. My bed squeaked like an old bed that you would find in a 1 star hotel. I wished I was joking. It was so loud that when I got up out of bed in the night I was afraid I would wake up my room mate.
The rest of the hotel was very nice including dining areas, lobby, meeting rooms,

I was traveling with a group of 12 people. When I asked them all what they would rate the hotel on tripadvisor they all said 3 1/2 to 4 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your comments! It's great to hear you were able to enjoy the Chicago River view from your guestroom during your most recent stay with us. We hope to host you again the next time you're in the Windy City!

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I just left this hotel yesterday having been there for four days attending a conference. Great downtown location, great conference facilities. My room was neat and clean, but honestly nothing above and beyond what you'd find in other hotels. The staff was very friendly and professional. Be aware that meals in the hotel restaurants will really set you back, even in the American Craft Kitchen restaurant, which I believe is supposed to be their more casual restaurant. When the hotel is busy, as it was when I was there, the elevators are TERRIBLE. I would not mind at all staying here again for business, but I don't believe I'd take my family if we were visiting Chicago for leisure.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your most recent stay with us and found our conference facilities to be great. We hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I recently returned to Chicago for our wedding anniversary. We try to go Chicago at least three to four times a year and always stay at the Hyatt. It has a great location where it is close to the shopping on State Street and a downhill walk along North Michigan Avenue. We had breakfast each morning at the new American Craft Kitchen & Bar. which opened around April 1, 2013. We like the Hyatt due to the staff that work their. Their long-time employees remember guests considering the thousands that stay each week. Edwin who is one of the best omelette chefs is just one of many great employees. We try and stay in one of the Regency Club rooms as they have great views of the lake or the Chicago River. Reka and Chantale of the Regency Club are two of the nicest Hyatt staff we have met. We were able to see fireworks on Wednesday night from our room which is always cool. The rooms are totally nice with floating beds. We always park our car in the garage. They are very good at delivering cars in the time stated.

Room Tip: We have had many junior suites, but prefer the floating king beds located from the 33rd to 35th floors in order to be closer to the Regency Club.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 Star review for Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you were able to experienced our newly-renovated downtown Chicago hotel and our brand new restaurant, American Craft Kitchen & Bar! Edwin, Reka and Chantale are all amazing, I'll be sure to pass along your kind words. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We recently stayed August 1-4, 2013. This was our first trip to Chicago. We were celebrating our 22nd Wedding Anniversary and Lollapalooza. Anna checked us in. She was so personable. This set the tone for our visit. Every employee we encountered during our stay was professional and personable. Our room was on the 22nd floor with a breath taking view of the lake.
Our room was spotless, comfortable and beautifully decorated. On Saturday night we watched the fireworks from our room from the Navy Pier.
We had cocktails at the Big Bar. It had fantastic views!
The hotel was close to Grant Park and Michigan Avenue.
The Hyatt was in the ideal location. Close to everything.
We had one of our most memorable trips here in Chicago thanks to the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room. You won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind kinds about Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your 22nd Wedding Anniversary and Lollapalooza in downtown Chicago. I'll be sure to pass along the compliment to Anna as well, she's great! We hope to welcome you back again soon!