7,744 results
All reviewswest towerbig barthe rivernavy pierhuge hotelconvention hotelmillennium parkwacker drivethe magnificent milewrigley buildingmichigan avemini barlocation is greatthe loopvalet parkinghigh floorart institute
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife booked this hotel through Hotwire. We got what we felt was a decent rate on the room being that it was Lolla weekend. We attended Lolla to celebrate her birthday and our 10 year anniversary. We only really needed it for its location and to put our heads down at the end of a long night. For these things the hotel was great!

First impression is.....WOW! You are greeted by a very beautiful lobby that is extremely pleasing to the eye. Headed up to the desk and the check in process left a lot to be desired. The lady that checked us in almost seemed as though we were a burden to her. My wife was basically handed keys and sent on her way. We had to ask how to get to our room....expected more. It wasn't until we were checking out that we realized what should have happened during check in. The lady checking in while we waited to check out had a much different experience. She was pleasantly greeted, asked how her day was going, given a map to find her room and walked away with a good first impression of the staff. My wife made a point of telling the lady that she was great and that whomever checked us in was not anything like her.

The room itself was nice with everything you would need. Like I said we just needed it to sleep and were not there long. The room was of decent size and provided a view of the river. It wasn't an amazing view but a view none the less.....again not really there long. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows which is hard to find. They offer wifi for a fee which I really don't get why something like this is not complimentary across the board with hotels.

On Sunday night we stopped in at DaddyO's Pub for a drink and a bite to eat. When we got there the kitchen was closing so we just ordered chips and salsa to munch on while enjoying a pint of Guinness. This little pub brought us back to our time in Ireland which was nice. Was a little surprised that chips, salsa, two pints and two shots of Jameson came out to $50. Now we don't get to downtown Chicago much being from Wisconsin but that seemed a bit much.

Overall I would probably not stay here again. I have worked in hospitality now for many years and service and a clean room mean everything. They nailed the clean room but the service was lacking. Also the price and amenities do not match our needs. I can definitely see how this appeals to the business client but not sure about coupes and definitely not families.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've stayed here several times. It's a pretty good hotel that is in the midst of some needed updates.
The place is good for business travel, but I must say the furniture in our suite was a bit beat up... we hosted a hospitality in 3358 West Tower, which is a Regency Suite. The cushions on the sofas were dingy, the coffee table and other furniture had chips/scratches. Seen better days.
My adjoining sleeping room was in better shape, but even in the elevator lobby things were just a bit dingy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The check-in was easy and our room was ready before 12:30 which was quite a surprise on a Sunday afternoon. All of the staff was polite and spoke to you often. I was there for a conference at the hotel and it was super to have everything in one location. We were on the 17th floor facing Navy Pier. We really enjoyed watching the boats, kayaks and people from our window.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Navy Pier and a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great location in downtown Chicago near the river walk, city parks. The view from our room was fantastic overlooking the river walk.
The rooms were nothing fancy, they were clean and nice enough, just no wow factor that I would expect from a Hyatt. My bed squeaked like an old bed that you would find in a 1 star hotel. I wished I was joking. It was so loud that when I got up out of bed in the night I was afraid I would wake up my room mate.
The rest of the hotel was very nice including dining areas, lobby, meeting rooms,

I was traveling with a group of 12 people. When I asked them all what they would rate the hotel on tripadvisor they all said 3 1/2 to 4 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your comments! It's great to hear you were able to enjoy the Chicago River view from your guestroom during your most recent stay with us. We hope to host you again the next time you're in the Windy City!

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I just left this hotel yesterday having been there for four days attending a conference. Great downtown location, great conference facilities. My room was neat and clean, but honestly nothing above and beyond what you'd find in other hotels. The staff was very friendly and professional. Be aware that meals in the hotel restaurants will really set you back, even in the American Craft Kitchen restaurant, which I believe is supposed to be their more casual restaurant. When the hotel is busy, as it was when I was there, the elevators are TERRIBLE. I would not mind at all staying here again for business, but I don't believe I'd take my family if we were visiting Chicago for leisure.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your most recent stay with us and found our conference facilities to be great. We hope to welcome you back again!