7,734 results
All reviewswest towerbig barthe rivernavy pierhuge hotelconvention hotelmillennium parkwacker drivethe magnificent milewrigley buildingmichigan avemini barlocation is greatthe loopvalet parkinghigh floorart institute
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We travelled to Chicago from August 1st - 7th and stayed at the Hyatt Regency. We booked on Priceline, and got a great deal for the location and level of amenities available at the hotel. The bellman are incredibly helpful, as was the concierge. We were traveling with our 8 year old daughter, and it was very easy to get around with her.

My biggest complaint was the lack of wi-if in the room. You could get it, but you had to pay for it. This meant going to the lobby every time we wanted to check our e-mail or look up a restaurant review. Had I paid full price for this hotel, that would have really annoyed me.

Also, Lollapalooza was held the weekend we were there, and that created some challenges both in the city and the hotel. Saturday night was a little crazy in the hotel with some inappropriate behavior, but the hotel staff did a excellent job managing this. I'm not sure how to avoid this, other than to avoid traveling to the city during that festival.

We were in the West Tower,and had a view of Navy Pier, Lake Michigan and the Chicago River.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Great quick walk to the magnificent mile or to the Navy Pier. Lots of shopping and food nearby. The hotel was lovely, very modern and clean. We had a double room as we were traveling with our kids and they got a kick out of the views. Service was average... The hotel was very busy so we were just another reservation. Not rude, just not exceptional either. I left an item in the room when we checked out. It was the base of a blender plugged in, kinda hard to miss. Realizing that a property of that size probably gets lots of items i was surprised that they had a while department to deal with it. too bad Lost and Found was completely uninterested in helping me. It took them 3 days to call me back and then I felt that I was a bother. I guess in a hotel of that size you're just a number.

• Stayed: July 2013
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm thrilled to hear your family found our downtown Chicago location to be great and the kids enjoyed the views of Navy Pier. We hope you come back to visit again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife booked this hotel through Hotwire. We got what we felt was a decent rate on the room being that it was Lolla weekend. We attended Lolla to celebrate her birthday and our 10 year anniversary. We only really needed it for its location and to put our heads down at the end of a long night. For these things the hotel was great!

First impression is.....WOW! You are greeted by a very beautiful lobby that is extremely pleasing to the eye. Headed up to the desk and the check in process left a lot to be desired. The lady that checked us in almost seemed as though we were a burden to her. My wife was basically handed keys and sent on her way. We had to ask how to get to our room....expected more. It wasn't until we were checking out that we realized what should have happened during check in. The lady checking in while we waited to check out had a much different experience. She was pleasantly greeted, asked how her day was going, given a map to find her room and walked away with a good first impression of the staff. My wife made a point of telling the lady that she was great and that whomever checked us in was not anything like her.

The room itself was nice with everything you would need. Like I said we just needed it to sleep and were not there long. The room was of decent size and provided a view of the river. It wasn't an amazing view but a view none the less.....again not really there long. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows which is hard to find. They offer wifi for a fee which I really don't get why something like this is not complimentary across the board with hotels.

On Sunday night we stopped in at DaddyO's Pub for a drink and a bite to eat. When we got there the kitchen was closing so we just ordered chips and salsa to munch on while enjoying a pint of Guinness. This little pub brought us back to our time in Ireland which was nice. Was a little surprised that chips, salsa, two pints and two shots of Jameson came out to $50. Now we don't get to downtown Chicago much being from Wisconsin but that seemed a bit much.

Overall I would probably not stay here again. I have worked in hospitality now for many years and service and a clean room mean everything. They nailed the clean room but the service was lacking. Also the price and amenities do not match our needs. I can definitely see how this appeals to the business client but not sure about coupes and definitely not families.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've stayed here several times. It's a pretty good hotel that is in the midst of some needed updates.
The place is good for business travel, but I must say the furniture in our suite was a bit beat up... we hosted a hospitality in 3358 West Tower, which is a Regency Suite. The cushions on the sofas were dingy, the coffee table and other furniture had chips/scratches. Seen better days.
My adjoining sleeping room was in better shape, but even in the elevator lobby things were just a bit dingy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The check-in was easy and our room was ready before 12:30 which was quite a surprise on a Sunday afternoon. All of the staff was polite and spoke to you often. I was there for a conference at the hotel and it was super to have everything in one location. We were on the 17th floor facing Navy Pier. We really enjoyed watching the boats, kayaks and people from our window.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Navy Pier and a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business