“Very good Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
south yorkshire
“Very good Hotel”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

sorry for the late review we stayed at the Hyatt regency for 6 nights from the 17th march this was our second time in chicago as we are massive blackhawks fans and we love chicago itself the hotel was a very good as you walk in the Hyatt its looks fab the check in was excellent and we was upgraded to a bigger room for our 30th anniversary our room was very large as was the bathroom the hotel staff are extremely helpful the hotel big bar looks fab also 24 hour shop nice touch overal i wood stay at the hyatt again as we like to stay in that area of chicago this hotel is busy for conferences and is on a big scale not like the hotel monaco we have stayed in the hyatt has better hotel facilities but the monaco have a better standard of room Please Hyatt could you look at FREE WIFI thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the lifts on a corner and a high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Happy Anniversary and thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! It's great to hear you were able to enjoy your most recent stay at our newly renovated hotel for your 30th Anniversary. We hope to host you again for the next one!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,367)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I came here for a 4,000 + person conference and most of us were staying at this hotel. I had to book my room at the last minute and still got a phenomenal price (cheaper than the group rate for the conference in fact--and that block was already used up so I was extremely happy). I never ceased to be amazed how efficient the staff. Case in point: many of us were checking out on the same day and the hotel sent us information in the early morning with 3 different options to check out, including leaving our room key in the room and departing at our convenience. Awesome! Also, I am very sensitive to dry air and they brought up a humidifier to use during my stay free of charge! I also requested free weights, a robe, and a lighted makeup mirror and that was all brought up free of charge. I've never had those four amenities available to me before at any hotel and it really made a difference!

The reason I deducted a star was because there were only 2 tiny drawers in the room. This made it difficult to unpack and I had to leave everything but my socks, nylons, and suits in my suitcase (the drawers were only big enough to hold my socks in one and my nylons in another; suits went in the closet). I literally lived out of my suitcase for a week! Not cool when you're a woman away on business and need to pack suits and casual clothes. I even called and asked if this was an oversight for my room and she told me this was how the room was designed. Very silly in my opinion.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our 'Hyatt Has It' program to really make a difference. We hope to welcome you back soon!
leawood, kansas
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has been updated....pretty modern and cool decor. Food is not up to hyatt standards...and i had at least ten different staff mispronounce my name..which never happens. Very nice workout facility; very expensive room service. Big convention/conference hotel.

1 Thank colesloough
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback for Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm glad you were able to visit us and enjoyed our new Fitness Center. We hope to welcome you back in the future!
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt for a conference and really enjoyed the facility. The location was very convenient, staff was extremely helpful, and rooms were big for downtown Chicago. Since I was here for an event, the only issue I noticed was that the wait for the elevators was very long during busy conference times (I waited 10 minutes for an elevator one morning). However, the staff often let us use the staff elevator to offset this. Overall a great place to stay. Wish they had a pool or spa, though!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Haytt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our newly-renovated facilities and found our downtown Chicago location, guestrooms and meeting space to be great. We hope to see you again soon!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here in November 2013. I arrived on Thanksgiving and headed straight to the hotel. The ladies at the reception were welcoming and warm. They checked me in quickly and gave me a list of where was open for dinner and offered to make reservations for me. I went up to the room which was large and the view was spectacular. The room was extremely clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. I also phoned reception to see where the nearest store was as I had forgotten my hairbrush and they sent up a little bag with hair brush, hair dryer and slippers at no extra cost. Try and get a higher floor when you stay as I really can't say enough about the fabulous view. After a long flight I decided to order room service instead of going out. I ordered food, drinks and it was delivered quickly. The food itself was delicious and the staff were friendly. After I was finished I phoned and the trays were collected within 5 minutes. The shower was powerful and temperature easy to control. Slept soundly, the bed was comfy with lots of pillows (just the way I like it)

The location was great and there was always a queue of cabs out front if you needed to go anywhere. Very close to Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier and Millennium Park. The reception staff were amazing and had lots of helpful suggestions when I asked about opening hours of attractions over Thanksgiving weekend.

I really can't compliment the staff highly enough. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your fantastic 5-Star review for Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so happy you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday stay at our newly-renovated downtown Chicago hotel and found our staff to be amazing. I hope you're able to make it back to visit us again soon!
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is an older hotel in the heart of downtown and they have well remodeled the lobby area. My room was pretty standard and perfectly functional. The heating suffered from being an older building and the bathroom was reasonable but not completely up to date. This is a huge and busy hotel with two towers so intimate it is not. The low key restaurant in the lobby area was surprisingly good - had the vegan pasta for dinner after arriving. Service in the restaurant and the room was prompt and pleasant. Wireless internet in the room was slow.

After two days of being in meetings went for a walk and it only took a few minutes to get to the main shopping area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm glad you had an enjoyable time at our downtown Chicago hotel and your found our location to be convenient to Chicago shopping. We hope to have you back soon!
Cambridge
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a well located really big convention hotel. I was upgraded to a deluxe room overlooking the lake, but it was really weird. Here I have this tremendous view of the lake and they build a wall segregating the bed from the window. Basically the bed is facing away from the window towards the TV on the wall. Behind the bed and next to the window is the desk, which means that if you are trying to use your computer you get lots of glare on the screen. Fabulous view, but your back is to it the whole time. Furthermore they have put this dinky, what they think is probably hip and cool, couch in the corner which has no room to sit on and is incredibly uncomfortable. Not a hotel I would return to if I had a choice. On the other hand the concierge lounge has a great spread at 5:30, although you have to pay $4 for mediocre wine...still cheaper than $10 for mediocre wine.....and the service is really friendly, so that counts for something.

Room Tip: See if they have a room where you can actually lie in the bed and look out of the window.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! It's great to hear you were able to enjoy your recent stay and found the Regency Club to be have great offerings and service. We hope to have you back again!