Hyatt Regency Chicago
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$535
US$446
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
US$254
US$212
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
  • Pool
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$181
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$236
getaroom.com
7,273 results
All reviewswest towerbig barthe rivernavy pierhuge hotelconvention hotelmillennium parkwacker drivethe magnificent milewrigley buildingmichigan avemini barthe loopvalet parkinghigh floorart institutefitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Here for a conference, work paying the bill. Yet another soulless, frayed large American city-centre hotel. Rooms comfortable enough but all the usual problems, namely long queues at front desk, charming but often clueless staff, and an annoying, sprawling layout which means that if you forget something in your room popping back to get it is a major chore. The gym, a miserable affair, is so far from the rooms it might as well be in another state, and one lunchtime it took half an hour to get a table for food (even though there were plenty of free ones available). That said, the location is pretty good, Stetson's Restaurant is actually pretty good and room rates are quite reasonable. But no one here is trying really hard.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Pros: service was amazing! Traveled with some colleagues and we checked in at different times, but they managed to get us in rooms fairly close together. Location was great, close to everything that we needed.
Cons: rooms were nothing special. They were clean and my room was spacious, but fairly standard.
If I hadn't booked through Priceline and gotten a fantastic rate, I think I would have been disappointed, but given the rate I paid, I was very happy.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Hotel's staff was friendly. Iron in the room was not working and upon multiple requests staff at the front desk did not replace it and eventually in the morning I call guest services who then took care of it. I was very disappointed with this quality of service from a hotel of this class and reputation. Guest services did not even offer to compensate for the inconvenience caused and did not even follow up on what actually caused the delay in replacing the iron(she did apologize to begin with for the inconvenience and said would try to find out what caused the delay). Overall we were satisfied and happy with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We stayed at Hyatt Regency during Mother's day weekend with family. We had 5 rooms and the room was smelling like smoke, rooms were clean. Bed was horrible, mattress was probably old. we asked for king size bed and surprised to a twin bed on all our rooms. These were supposed to be all non smoking but we smelled second hand smoke as if room's were converted. I don't recommend staying the west wing.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ak3130
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Chicago hotel in May 2009. I had read the hundreds of reviews on this site and was 'scared' of what I would find. As with any hotel, some people love it and some people hate it. I was there for a conference and work payed the full bill.
First off, the hotel is enormous. Two big towers with a massive atrium for a lobby. The rooms are completely removed from the lobby, so there was no noise in the bedroom from the atrium. For check-in, I only had to wait for 2 people ahead of me to complete their check-ins. (Approx 3 minutes). I had a 5th floor room, so never experienced any long elevator rides. My room was not one of the ones right at the elevator lobby, so it was dead silent.
The room was great, big tv, soft bed, nice desk/workspace area.
My only real complaints are 1) the bathroom lighting. (So very dark, just 1 weak flourescent bulb.) 2) the thin walls (I've stayed in a lot of hotels for work, this one was odd, I could hear conversations .... and other sounds, yep, those ones, ... so clearly. Usually you can make out mumbles, etc. ... but in this one I could hear full sentences at normal volume. Odd!
But all said, I loved the hotel and especially its location. It's so close to everything. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business