“Great room great price thru priceline” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Ranked #70 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Great room great price thru priceline”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

The room I had was at the end of the hall so it had a long hallway and a weird shape which had the wall by the bed at a 45 degree angle from the window so walking area was oddly shaped. But my biggest complaint is the fan in the bathroom that blew cool air over the shower. And the water never got hot enough but maybe the sub zero temps had a part in that. The facilities were nice tho. Bed was really comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Joanne L,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I'm so happy that you got a great deal. I will be sure to share your feedback with our Director of Maintenance and Engineering as the polar vortex is no excuse for the issues you described. We appreciate the feedback so we can look into this. Thank you very much!

Social Media Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency McCormick twice now for work and the staff is always super nice. On my most recent trip they went above and beyond making my stay great. I wrote a joking comment on twitter about a nearby restaruant not having free refills. The staff at the hotel noticed this and offered to send some drinks to the room. I was not in my room at the time but they sent up some water and soda anyways. Totally went above and beyond and made me laugh. The hotel itself is a great hotel and always very clean. I like the location and will definately stay here again next time i come to Chicago.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have a great view of Soldire Field, Downtown and the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chad G,

Customer service is extremely important to us, whether it's in person, over the phone, or via social media. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the complimentary drinks as well as your stay. Your repeated business is a wonderful statement not just about our accommodations, but the service you receive from us, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Matteson, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

For the past 4 years I book Valentines Weekend at the Hyatt-McCormick. I attend an annual event which is held at the Arie Crown. The location is convenient and the full service hotel makes it a convenient choice. This year my room was in the North Tower. The room was updated-really nice. The Hyatt includes all of the amenities that I look for and the location which is just close enough to the downtown area makes it a gem.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear darigregkat,

Thank for continuing to choose us at your Valentine's Day destination in Chicago! Your returned business is the best compliment we can receive. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms, and we look forward to seeing you next Valentine's Day!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had a great time at the Hyatt. When the closet door for our original room wasn't working, we were upgraded to a new room. The front desk staff was always courteous and helpful to us no matter what time of day. I would stay here again if I visit Chicago again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Lene822,

Thank you, not only for staying with us, but for taking a moment of your time to share you experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We went to the Bears/Packers game and I found out this one was within walking distance to the field. I upgraded our room and I think we paid only $129 and our room was amazing! It was clean, huge, great views, and the decor was cool. 1st time I ever had a walk in closet in a hotel so I was kind of in heaven. The hotel staff was top notch and so kind to us considering we are Packer fans! We ate 2 times at the bar/restaurant because it was so good and really cool. They ran specials for the game. The only down side was our breakfast was not great our last day there. I forget the name of the place but I made mention of how awesome everything was and the lady at checkout found out we didn't like our breakfast and gave us almost a full refund. Anyway I will be staying here from now on when we visit Chicago!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear shanerachel,

Thank you so much for staying with us for the Bears game. Many people don't realize how convenient our location is to Soldier Field, so thank you for sharing. We look forward to seeing you again next football season!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very nice, clean hotel. The views were STUNNING from the 30th floor of Lake Michigan and downtown Chicago. Had the breakfast buffet and it was worth every penny. Very good, high quality food. I was impressed with my overall experience and would definitely be back. Only thing I would suggest is adding a little more lighting to the vanity area as it wasn't very bright to do your makeup in. I made it work though :)

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a premium view room or asking if one is available
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear tklopstein,

Thank you choosing to stay with us. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and felt that everything was of a high quality and good value. We can't wait to welcome you back! Be sure to request a lighted make-up mirror, we'll deliver it right to your room.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Loved staying here both visits to Chicago, and I had exceptional service from every staff member I came in contact with. It can be very busy, and hard to find seating, at the restaurant when there's an event at the convention center across the street though. I'm not sure why all the restaurants on the 1st floor are not open to accommodate the increased number of guests when these events take place. One night I ended up ordering my meal to go so I can take it to my room so I can sit and eat. Another negative for me is that there are no microwaves available for guest rooms. One would have to go down to the lobby to microwave something. Other than those minor things I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Nikstayo,

Thank you for your repeated patronage! That means a lot to us. I will be sure to share your feedback on our restaurants and microwaves with our General Manager. Your recommendation is very important.