Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
4,843 results
All reviewsconvention centersoldier fieldshor restaurantnorth towerattending a conferencebears gamecab ridetrade showroom servicevery nice hotelcity viewself parkinglake michigandowntown areapublic transportationbusiness tripenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love this hotel!!! Spacious, beautiful, clean!

I am a local so I guess I'm a little harder on Chicago venues than other cities. I'm quite impressed with the Hyatt at McCormick because of the modern decor, cleanliness, no traffic, and the friendliness of the staff. I stayed here while attending a music festival and this is the reason why I chose this place because it was walking distance to the venue. It's beautiful, calm, and quiet in this area yet you are only 2 miles away from downtown Chicago.
The only thing about the location is that it's not walking distance to coffee shops and restaurants.
Tip: the hotel parking is $34.00 for 24 hours. There's parking 2 blocks away for $20!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank marQ_Qram
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear marQ_Qram,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us for Spring Awakening Music Festival! We're so glad you enjoyed our convenient location to Soldier Field and the friendly staff. Tip: next time you are here on the weekend, ask for our "weekend special" parking special and we can discount the parking to $25. We hope you will come stay with us again for next year's festival or the next time you have a need to be at McCormick Place, Soldier Field, Northerly Island, or Museum Campus.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here while on a business trip. I did pay $30 a nite for an upgrade to a GREAT view, but she threw in free breakfast and the buffet is $23 so it mostly made up for it. The convenience collection is great, with them bringing me a flat iron for my hair (LIFE SAVER!) Basic rooms are a decent size with plenty of room to unpack. Food downstairs is not bad. Very friendly bellmen and housekeeping staff. I would stay here again :-) Nothing beats summertime Chi

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view - high floor, south tower

Dear cslingerland,

You are so right that nothing beats Chicago in the summertime! It's what all us locals tell ourselves while we're braving the polar vortex! :) I'm so happy that you took advantage of our Hyatt Has It Collection. It was meant for exactly these types of situations. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a very comfortable and clean property with friendly staff. Parking is expensive and challenging. Spaces can be at a premium, particularly on the weekend. Here are some extra characters, so that this review will meet the 200 character minimum. To misquote Mark Twain, "Forgive me for making this letter so short, I did not have the time to make it longer."

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Joseph C,

Thanks for visiting us with your family. Your Mark Twain quote couldn't be more appropriate, and we appreciate your "filling" in the space so you could share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Rooms are clean, staff is efficient. This is what you would expect from a good hotel. It is tasteful, but not an oasis. The price is high relative to the amenities. Overall, it's okay for a conference. Staff are exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear HappyTravelMidwest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent business trip. It's wonderful to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and exceptional staff. We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week during the IRCE convention and it was great. The room was clean, spacious, and had a great view on the 17th floor. I don't think it would be a great hotel for families because its so far away from everything but perfect for a business trip to the downtown Chicago area. The staff was very friendly, especially the doorman Ricky Boss. I had some issues connecting to the WiFi one night, perhaps due to the amount of people at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer the best views!

Dear Amy L,

Thank you for staying with us for IRCE 2014! I will make sure that Ricky's manager gets a copy of your review so that he can be recognized for providing you with great service! I apologize for the issue with the complimentary Internet. Our Internet Service Provider did experience some issues during one night of IRCE from around 10-11:30pm, before they got us back to 100%. We're so happy to hear that you would definitely come back and see us again. We would love to welcome you back, whether it's for IRCE 2015, or for a leisure visit.