“Perfect Location Great facility”

InterContinental Chicago
Ranked #71 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlinville, Illinois
“Perfect Location Great facility”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We go to Chicago annually for the Cubs/Cards series and stay wherever the availability around or on the mile is. We chose this hotel this year and were very pleased. The quality and cleanliness was outstanding. I would like to mention the only reason I didn't give this facility 5 stars was the size of the rooms. Anyone who stays around downtown Chicago would know that on average the rooms are tight. We booked 4 rooms and the check-in was amazingly quick. The room had an iHome for the alarm clock which was a nice touch. Bathrooms were in great shape also rather small. Another item worth mentioning is that the elevators were always available, unlike my last stay where I had to wait a noticeable amount of time for one every time. I would gladly recommend to a friend or family member.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Webster, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our girlfriend's trip wouldn't have been the same without Kathy! She was our guide, made great recommendations and set us up with tour tickets. She gave us wonderful suggestions on what not to miss in Chicago while we were there! She gave us unbelievable shopping ideas. Kathy was so friendly and always happy! She is awesome!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Batavia, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It has been 4 days since the Intercontinental emailed me to let me know that you take the "allegations very seriously" and that I would be receiving a personal response within 48 hours. I am sickened by their lack of attention to this and the ignorance/racism of your staff which I can only assume from their lack of attention to this is being tolerated at their hotels. Not only have I been belittled, but now I am being ignored. This situation has only gone from bad to worse on account of the Intercontinental from the bottom to the very top and it is absolutely deplorable.

My original post, which has since been deleted stated:

I sent an email to the InterContinental Chicago weeks ago about the many problems we had during our stay, I was told they were going to send me a free night certificate, but after more than two weeks, I emailed again and their response started out with "Dear Mrs. Martinez" followed by a bunch of excuses as to why they didn't send it. Who exactly is Mrs. Martinez? My last name is RODRIGUEZ. You should be embarrassed and you should be held accountable for the racist undertones that are implied in this "mistake".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank crystalxrodriguez
Kyiana, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear crystalxrodriguez ,

We apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay. Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate department(s) for further review. Please rest assured your response is appreciated. If your schedule permits, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you again!

Malcolm Moore
Guest Services Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I ended up booking this hotel, as I was walking over to the property. I had an issue with my previously booked hotel, so I was in need of a place to stay and they were immediately accommodating. Mind you this was the weekend of Lollapalooza when the whole city is crazy. We stayed in the two bed premier room in the historical tower. The room had a terrific amount of space and honestly felt cavernous for our needs. The location of course is fantastic, as we all know for everything in the city. The greatest part about my experience though was the concierge. Rachael helped me as I was having issues trying to get my train ticket taken care of. I also had some time to kill and Rachael gave me excellent recommendations, while being personal and extremely attentive. Coming from a career in high end sales this was refreshing to be treated just as I treat my customers. I will be exclusively staying at this location when I am in Chicago from now on. Trying to save the $60-$100 is just not worth it, as I found out, do not waste your time just stay at the InterContinental Chicago.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The building from the outside does not stand out that much. But That might be because it can't compare to the buildings surrounding it. Right next door is the stunning Tribune Tower. We were lucky enough to stay on a high level with a view of the Tribune Tower, The Chicago River and Lake Michigan it was amazing!

Take the time to explore this hotel. There are 6 or 7 levels of banquet rooms that are stunning and historic. The pool makes you feel that you stepped into Chicago in the 1920's. This is an awesome hotel.

Stayed June 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited the Hotel in late July 2014 and it exceeded our expectations!!! We stayed in the historic tower and had a partial view of the Chicago River. The room was spacious and the bathroom was pretty large. The location was spot-on as we were in walking distance to many of the area attractions.

All of the staff was very pleasant and seemed happy. We especially want to acknowledge Clive, the valet. Clive was very helpful with directions, he suggested a great restaurant and was always aware of our presence and made sure that our needs were met. We expect to return to Chicago in October and we will be sure to tip Clive for his great service as we were in a rush to get to the airport when we left. Thanks Clive!

We also visited the breakfast buffet every day and it was phenomenal. They had a vast selection of breakfast food and you could even get omelets, waffles and other items made to order.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views - either directly or to the left or to the right.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental for 7 days. The location can not be beat. It is walking distance to everything! Beach, navy pier, millennium park, etc. The hotel is really lovely. I stayed in the historic tower on the 33rd floor and the view was amazing. The service at the hotel is excellent leaving you wanting for nothing.The room was exceptionally nice, huge bathroom with all the amenities including a scale. The gym is 2 stories with plenty of equipment. The pool is indoor and huge. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor in the historic tower or a 1 bedroom suite in the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo