The St. Clair Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Room Service
US$424
US$357
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
1,145 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel while in Chicago for a conference. I grew concerned when I read previous reviews given some of the criticisms. In my experience the hotel was better than I had been led to expect, but it needs to be seen within expectations one would have for a 2 or 3 star hotel. It is an honest product, the staff were friendly, and accommodations fine (rooms no larger than need be, bathrooms small, and amenities limited but sufficient). I wouldn't shy away from the hotel, but I encourage that expectations be consistent with the nature of a Red Roof Inn ... this isn't a full service hotel, or upscale, but it is more than adequate and comfortable. Its main attraction is the location -- simple ideal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank RAKlein
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The title about says it all. While staff was very friendly and tried their best to be helpful, this is an old, beat-down, poorly maintained facility that's skating by on location alone. The walls and carpets in common areas are stained, the elevator is teensie, slow, and worn out, and my room smelled like mildew and meat. There was hair on the bathroom floor when I arrived, the shower curtain was (I think) the primary source of odor, and the showerhead had visible mildew. Luckily I was only there for one night, so I just sucked it up. This hotel was not nearly cheap enough to justify the nasty--for $200 bucks a night, I expect the room to at least smell ok. I won't be back, and would never recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RandomKite
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed for a night. The rooms are clean and have good facilities. I really liked that they provide you with a safe and iron. The service was great and only a short walk to several good places downtown. I recommend staying here compared to other more expensive places

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank GoingGermany
Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location is good, close to shopping, dining, attractions. Book blind on Priceline, labeled a 3 star hotel. This property is far from a 3 star hotel, the elevator was filthy,halls had a large stains all over the carpets, the room was very outdated and and in need of renovations, smelled like smoke in a non smoking room, bathroom had mold on the grout of the tub, rust stains, the sink had cigarette burns all over the edges of the vanity top, the toilet leaked from under the toilet. We asked to move rooms and the second was worse. We sucked it up and dealt with it but NEVER AGAIN! Stay away!

• Stayed: April 2014