“Happy Bride”

PUBLIC Chicago
Ranked #90 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
“Happy Bride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I reserved a block of rooms and stayed here for my wedding. We got a great rate for a very busy weekend in Chicago. I found the hotel to be very accommodating and seemed to effortlessly meet all of my specific "bride" requests ( bar stool for make up, low chair for hair, room on a certain side of the hotel, above a certain floor, room close to my matron of honor and parents.) They allowed us use of a terrace for pre wedding photos. I would have liked if they allowed pictures in the fab lobby-this was the only policy I didn't care for. Overall, they were wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kathryn D, General Manager at PUBLIC Chicago, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear ColleenS19,

Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special day! I am thrilled we were able to meet your every need. My team and I look forward to welcome you back for many more special events.

kday@publichotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Waukesha, Wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This absolutely stunning hotel is not to be missed! The service exceeded my expectations at every turn! The decor in both the common areas and the guest rooms is very comforting. This was our first stay, but it won't be our last!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Kathryn D, General Manager at PUBLIC Chicago, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Waukeshaws,

Thank you for the lovely review! I am so proud that our team was able to create a memorable experience for you, and I certainly hope that you continue to stay with us in the future. We strive for excellence in service and a guest experience such as yours makes all of our efforts worthwhile. Please feel free to contact me when returning to the area, I would love to assist with planning your next visit.

Milford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We recently had the need to stay overnight with our dog in a hotel near Evanston, Illinois, and found a beautiful hotel, the Public, just a tad north of downtown Chicago. It is in a lovely, quiet residential area, and we found the staff so very friendly and helpful. There is a parking lot across the street (hourly charge, of course), and I believe the hotel has valet parking as well. The rooms have a very neutral color theme, and are lovely, clean and comfortable. The public rooms are lovely, too, with a coffee bar and a very good restaurant on the first floor. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It is especially helpful that they accept pets, although there is a limit to the size and number (no more than two dogs, I believe, under 50 pounds total -- no cows allowed, as their website states!). There is a $125 non-refundable pet fee, though, so be aware of that going in.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Debra B,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed such a memorable experience in our care, and I hope that you continue to choose our hotel when visiting to Chicago. It is an immense pleasure to accommodate your pets, for we always welcome the entire family to enjoy everything we have to offer. Please feel free to contact me when planning your next visit to the area, I would love to assist with the arrangements.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Great location, the staff goes out of their way to please. The location is right next to all the restaurants and night life found near Rush and Division and a block from the beaches of Lake Michigan.

In a quiet neighborhood setting its only a couple blocks to Division a short ride to Old Town, Lincoln Park and closer to Wrigley than any of the Hotels in the city.

Dear JRB1714,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! As you noted, we are nestled in the beautiful Gold Coast neighborhood; and I am so elated that you were able to enjoy it as much as we do. Please feel free to contact me when planning your next visit, I look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I live in Chicago but decided to stay at the Public overnight to celebrate my birthday. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. From the time I arrived until I left everyone was wishing me a happy birthday because it was noted in my reservation that i would be celebrating my birthday which caught me by surprise. The rooms were very clean, warm and inviting. I had a suite with a beautiful view of the snow which was very cool considering the rooms are decorated in all white. It was like standing in a snow globe which somehow made me apprecciate the beauty of Chicago winter. I had a number of friends join me in the Library (bar) for cocktails. My group was larger than anticipated but the staff worked very hard to accomodate us. I really had a wonderful time and will definitely consider the Public for my next staycation!!!!

Room Tip: A lot of locals gather at the Pump Room and the Library on the weekends. If you are staying at the h...
Dear Aspivey,

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts! I am so pleased you enjoyed such a wonderful birthday celebration with us, and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon. Please contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We reserved 47 rooms at the Public Hotel for a wedding. The staff was over-the-top professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel pristine, the food was fabulous and the service was excellent. From check-in to check-out we enjoyed our experience. The Pump Room, lounge and coffee bar areas are amazing. Very Chic!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Kathryn D, General Manager at PUBLIC Chicago, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Bonnie V,

It was such a pleasure to host your family and friends for such a special occasion! My team and I at PUBLIC Chicago are thrilled to have been included in your wedding celebrations. We look forward to welcome you back for many future celebrations. Thank you again,

Homer Glen, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Public Chicago is on a beautiful tree lined street with classic brownstones, just enough off the "beaten path", but close enough for (less than 1/2 mile) to Chicago night life on Rush St, and less than a mile to the heart of the Magnificent Mile on Michigan Ave. Dining in The Pump Room is a must, and don't miss the pictures of all the celebrity guests who have dined in Booth #1 over the years (downstairs by the restrooms).

Room Tip: Request a high floor with a south view for city views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob M
Kathryn D, General Manager at PUBLIC Chicago, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Rob M,

I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us at PUBLIC Chicago and you enjoyed your dinner at the Pump Room. I look forward to welcome you back in the very near future for another getaway. Please contact me directly when you plan to stay with us again.

Sincerely