I really liked this hotel, it was very hip and had a modern furniture feel to it. My aunt who has some minor medical issues didn't enjoy her stay. She, too thought it was a very beautiful hotel; she frequently joked about how she can "picture" Al Capone coming out of the elevator with a tommy gun. The beds sit very low and the shower didn't have the "handle bars" that most hotels have, which was an major inconvenience for my aunt, she woke up every morning with a stiff back and almost slipped in the shower, but the staff was very helpful in bringing a bath mat for the tub. But overall we enjoyed our stay, it was very close taxi ride to everywhere. I had a rental car, so be advised, if you want to do valet for parking, it's 56 dollars (US Dollar) a day. All the staff (except one disgruntled and somewhat rude parking attendant when I asked for change to tip the guy who brought my car around) were very cordial and nice. I'm sure this hotel has rooms for disabled and if we stay in Chicago, next time I will make sure to ask. Great hotel over all. One more thing, it has a fully stocked fridge and there's no room to put any leftovers you get from the great restaurants we ate in Chicago...no microwave, either but room service is very good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a rich history rooted in Chicago’s Jazz Age, Ambassador Chicago is the city’s original boutique hotel dating back to 1926. Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, the iconic property has hosted the who’s who of the 20th and 21st centuries having served as a local beacon to countless celebrities. Uniquely individual, Ambassador Chicago is nestled among graceful mansions in a quiet, gilded neighborhood tucked into the center of the Windy City offering incredible views of Lake Michigan with easy access to Chicago’s main shopping boulevard, Michigan Avenue. With 285 spacious guestrooms, a 24-hour fitness center, two restaurants, thoughtful programming and amenities curated by local artisans and chefs, Ambassador Chicago maintains its distinct and legendary character while offering guests an authentic Chicago experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ambassador Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago