“Spectacular hotel, staff and location”
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #15 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Wonderful stay at the Park Hyatt. The rooms are spacious, up-to-date and spotless. Wonderful bathrooms with a huge tub and shower (we had a water tower king). The space is very well designed so you can, for example, access the closet from the hall or bath. Staff sent a lovely dessert and sparkling wine for our anniversary. The conciege (Kurt) was masterful. Great recommendations and help with reservations. Spa is small but very nice. There is also a small 3-lane lap pool, steam room etc. The desk and spa staff were incredible -- both attentive and efficient. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Park Hyatt Chicago and for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and our amenities. I am also very happy that you were pleased with our courteous staff and thoughtful service. We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. From the moment that I stepped out of the cab, I was greeted by name. Service is top notch here, and everything is handled excellently. I loved the tub and TV in the bathroom. I'd also recommend their room service. They go above and beyond your typical nice hotel. I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay at the Park Hyatt. I was a guest for four days and ran a two-day event there as well. The rooms are quiet, spacious, up to date and spotless. There is a daily turndown service as well. The staff from the front desk to guest services, they were incredible attentive, prompt, and anticipated my every need. Room service was good- but nothing to blow your mind... The bacon however was spectacular. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I've stayed in november for the second time at the Park Hyatt. As a gold passport member (i was 5 nights of the plat level) i was very disappointed by the room, located at a lower floor with small windows, at the left corner of the building in front of a brick wall.....
The house keeping was average with a lot of dust found on the head-board which was not removed after my call to reception...
The gym was as usual great with kettlebells (but the second set of kb disappeared). The Nomi sushis were very nice.
A great thanks to the concierge for his recommendation.
My second stay in this nice hotel, well designed, in the center of Chicago was disappointing. The service specially at front desk was not as good as the first time (in april 2012) and the house keeping definitely not at the level of a five star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My partner and I stayed for four days. Room size was comfortable. We had a room on the 16th floor with a fantastic view of the city. We found the heating in the room tended to be a bit uneven, it was cold by the large window; but it was not unbearable. The bathroom was fantastic, great size.

Dinner at NoMI was quite good. Very romantic setting, very nice view. Good service.

Room service for breakfast sometimes took a bit long which was expected during the morning; but other times, the wait time was acceptable.

The location of the hotel was perfect, close to the lake, shops and restaurants.

Very pleasant and efficient staff. Highly recommend, will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Park Hyatt Chicago and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. Please be assured that I have documented your comments about room service and the temperature of your room. I appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I really love this hotel, especially after my last stay. Both times I was there, I got upgraded to the Gold Coast suite. It's going to be hard to stay in other rooms going forward as that suite is really amazing. It's larger than my real apt and beautifully decorated. The reason why I'm really impressed with this hotel is the level of service it offers. It has been flawless.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JSPrima
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Arrived and they upgraded me to an upper floor. Room beautiful, nice to dive into those crisp sheets at day's end. I requested a quiet room when I made my reservation. It was. Efficient staff there to answer all my transportation questions. Nice bar.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business