“Such a beautiful place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Camden, Delaware
“Such a beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were amazed by the service at this hotel. Doormen, valet, front desk: all fantastic. Now, as for our room. Bed was wonderful, we slept so well. My favorite place was the window seat. It was perfect to sit and read after a long day walking the Magnificent Mile. The bathtub is outrageous. It is perfect for two! And the complimentary bath salts, well. The Park Hyatt does it right. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

The not so good: I would suggest mentioning to guests checking in that you will also hold an additional $100.00 per night on their credit card to avoid confusion and tempers.
The showers really need to be cleaned better. There was gunk all along the floor under the glass partition separating the shower from the toilet. Ew.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor. The only thing we ever heard were sirens, and for goodness' sake, it...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Classy and fun! We were in Chicago for a holiday fundraiser. The City at this time of year is often taxed to the max as everyone is in a celebratory mood as couples, business parties, holiday events, and bustling shoppers converge. The Park Hyatt delivered with both elegant rooms and event venue space. Because of its perfect near north Mag Mile location I could even slip out for a little shopping before my party began.

The fundraiser utilized conference space serving cocktails and heavy hors d'oeuvres. The bartenders were courteous and efficient and the food for the crowd was tasty and contemporary. While the event was mostly contained in one area there were comfy side rooms available for quieter seating and conversations. The event went off without a hitch!

Staff was delightful throughout the hotel. I needed to secure jewelry in their safe deposit boxes. While the hotel rooms have individual safes it is recommended that guests utilize the more secure system at the front desk. This was accomplished unobtrusively and professionally.

While we did not have dinner at NoMi this visit we have dined there previously. The elegant restaurant with the Dale Chihuly chandeliers overlooking the iconic Chicago Watertower is enchantingly romantic.

Lovely stay with a good nite's sleep and complimentary coffee at the desk for our drive home.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed here for one night, while in Chicago. It was a great experience. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel it self was also very nice. I had a room on the 10th floor overlooking the park with the old water tower. The room was very modern, and everything was clean. The only negative thing that I can think about was that I could only spend one night there. I can highly recommend the Park Hyatt Chicago, and I will definitely return here next time I am in Chicago.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Park Hyatt Chicago and sharing your feedback about your experience. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your room and that our attentive staff met your needs. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Walter Brindell
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt for four nights, 3/11-3/15 on business. My wife and daughter came along since it was her Spring Break. I strictly stay at Hyatt properties when possible, due to my Passport status.

ARRIVAL: (10/10)
We arrived via our car around 9:30pm and were greeted by the front door staff and valet with a smiling face and WELCOME! They were this way the whole time, always asking if they could help with something. Even the Park Hyatt Manhattan didn't offer this level of 'first impressions'.
Valet is $54/day so be careful if you drive in.

CHECK-IN: (9.5/10)
Not a bad experience. Only one worker at the desk and one at the concierge. Waited for about five minutes and another staff member saw me and rushed to assist. A quick set of directions to the elevator and we were up to room 1202 (Water Tower and Lake View). Our bags came right behind us by a great bellman.

ROOM: (10/10)
We had two Queens. The size of the rooms are very nice. Beds comfortable, ample pillows, nice TV. Wi-Fi in the room was pretty weak, but I used my mobile hot spot which preformed better. The closet was a little on the small size for three people in the winter, but not a problem of the hotel! My wife packed too much :-)
LOVE the bathrooms, which are all granite. Walk-in shower ++++ and the hug tub for the wife and daughter. A little TV was a nice touch in there as well. The WC was seperated by a door which was nice. The min-fridge in the bar was not all that cold, so the drinks in it were cool at best. Not cold. Not biggy though. Free bottles of water provided each day. Just the little things.
Amenities : Bathrobes, shoe shine machines, bathroom esentials (Toothbrush, paste, etc). Ice, you can call the front desk and it is at your door within ten minutes.

AROUND THE HOTEL : (9.5/10)
The family loved the pool and spa and I agreed. Hot tub and lap pool. Never saw another soul in there. Same with the gym. The dressing rooms had nice locker areas and a big glass cooler of raspberry ice water (real raspberries) in them. Nice touch Hyatt!

Restaurant, NoMI (NORTH MICHIGAN), as expected very expensive but the food was nice. The staff Very nice! Portions small. The girls spent $55 on breakfast which was french toast and pancakes. There are many options to eat outside the hotel so explore a little for your breakfast if you want.

Evening at NoMI changed in personality and staff changed to a younger crowd . We walked in and entered the bar, a voice "Do you need something?" a Hyatt lady asked (hostess), No, just looking for a seat to eat. "You need a reservation" and she hurried off to the podium in the other room. Ok, well no worries. We had a cocktail and grabbed the hotel courtesy car (BMW 5 Series) +++++++++ for some local fare. Maybe she was having a bad day, but she was not too friendly.
That courtesy car will take you to anywhere within 2 square miles of the hotel. So I took it to the office daily. Very nice. Driver knew his job and did it well. No small talk unless engaged. Good man though.

Loved the lobby sitting area. There was a pantry area which had coffees, teas, water and sodas 24/7.

CONCIERGE: (10/10)
Karen was wonderful. She arranged dinner reservations (10th wedding anniversary) at Benny's Chop House. She also reserved the courtesy car for us. Nice job.

CHECKOUT: (8.75/10)
The day of departure, we always check around everything for left items. Our daughter six found a nice condom wrapper (from a previous guest) which was in the night table drawer. She is six and asked about it. I called the bellman and valet for bag pick-up and our car. I went to the front desk to check out and presented the condom wrapper to the young lady (in a plastic bag) and said "My daughter found this in our drawer from a past guest". She grabbed it stuff it below the desk (I guess in the trash) and asked how our stay was. I couldn't say bad, because it was not. Things go wrong, people have bad days, but I am booked again at the Park Hyatt in another three weeks. This is my new Hyatt in Chicago, even if it is further from where I commute for work. Hats off the the Park Hyatt!

Room Tip: East facing rooms will have more 'noise' from emergency vehicles due to the hospital and fir...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate your comments and apologize for the situation you encountered in your room upon your departure. Please rest assured that it has been addressed with the appropriate members of the management team. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the future for an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Park Hyatt Chicago.

Walter Brindell
Dallas Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

After being dazzled by the Park Hyatt in Tokyo I was determined to try as many Park Hyatt's as I could find and afford. Even after Tokyo, Chicago's Park Hyatt reigns. Not only does it satisfy my need for deluxe accomodations but i am as at home here as anywhere in the world. Without a doubt this hotel is my favorite home away from home. I believe this was my sixth or seventh visit and I have always been met with delight, satisfaction and a feeling of well being. The Park Hyatt is an urban experience hotel with the feel of resort living, and it never hurts to be in my favorite city in the States.

Room Tip: square on with the Water Tower--my partner loves to take a bath in the tub overlooking the Water tow...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bart16
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and it is a great hotel. The staff are very helpful, the room design and layout is very good and the bed is perfect shame about the jet lag. Overall I highly recommend this hotel with a good city centre location.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Stayed here as a couple for a luxury weekend break. The main attraction is the location, which is in front of the water tower.

Pros: There is a wonderful little restaurant (NoMi) which people actually come from elsewhere to experience. The flavors are subtle and original. The spa area has a good swimming pool and there is a steam room in the locker area. The spa has the full range of services, some of the people who work there are very good. The gym gets a 7/10. The rooms overlooking the lake are a wonderful experience. Rooms with a bath have a huge tub, you can open up to both the bedroom and the bathroom area, and have a social romantic bath experience. The lobby area is beautiful, geologists would be particularly fascinated. In fact I recommend you walk in and take a look even if you're not staying here. Unlimited tea and coffee in the lobby area is of good quality. The staff is always helpful. The location is super for shopping on and off Michigan avenue.

Cons: The entryway is a bit poor despite the beautiful lobby just beyond. Hard to walk in with a suitcase, even for the staff.

Room Tip: Try for a lake view; room with a bath.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple