Park Hyatt Chicago
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Sofitel
US$226
US$190
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
1,800 results
All reviewswater towernomi restaurantbath saltswindow seathuge tubmichigan avenuelake viewseparate showersoaking tubfive star hotelsteam roomroom servicethe magnificent mileperfect locationrooms are beautifulturn down servicefour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Seriously, the Park Hyatt deserves 10 stars plus. I had the divine privilege of staying there recently for four blissful days/nights and I didn't want to leave. It's that good. I've been lucky to stay at many great hotels around the world, but Park Hyatt Chicago is the best ever. Why? The rooms are gorgeous, the view is too and the food is beyond excellent. But the most wonderful aspect of the Park Hyatt is the staff. Their service ethic is phenomenal, especially in this country. While I was there for a business meeting, the new Pope was announced. I left the meeting to go up to my room to work and watch the Pope's emergence on the balcony. There was a knock on my door and it was the housekeeper. She said she would come back but I invited her in and said it was fine with me for her to clean. Long story short, she was quiet at first but then we struck up a conversation. Her name was Yvette. She told me she had started working for Hyatt on her birthday six years earlier and it was the best birthday gift she ever had ever been blessed to receive. I knew she was sincere. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her. It was an extraordinary travel moment. That night I received a gift from Yvette with a hand-written note that I have now shared with my husband, friends and anyone who will listen. In travel, it just doesn't get any better than that. Every person on the staff that I encountered was equally awesome - understated, kind, interested and cheerful. I want to return again and again. Thank you, Park Hyatt Chicago, for resurrecting my belief in gracious hospitality.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Michigan Avenue side have a view of the Water Tower.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ShannonI_11
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Shannon,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your kind remarks about our team, we always strive for authentic hospitality. I am very glad that they made your experience at the hotel so memorable. We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Regards,
Walter Brindell

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Having previously lived in Chicago, I haven't had many occasions to stay at a hotel there. When it came time to choose, Park Hyatt stood out for it's central location. Steps away from the Water Tower, Michigan Ave (Mag Mile), the Red line, not to mention dozens of restaurants and bars, it is an ideal choice. The hotel lobby and common areas are impeccable. The pantry in the lobby has self serve cappuccinos and beverages. The gym and spa/pool areas are beautiful and equip with every machine you would want. NoMi restaurant is delicious if you're willing to shell out some $$$ for great food and a great view. I used Valet for the week and had my car waiting for me every time I went out.

The rooms are amazing. Although not huge, the space planning is excellent, making for a peaceful escape. The beds are insanely comfortable. Window shades are controlled from a bedside panel. There is a very large TV in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. Bathrobes, A Two-headed shower, and a large soaker tub add to the relaxation. The closet, minibar, and desk area are perfect. Free Wifi too! (I never understand why other expensive hotels charge for this). It goes without saying the rooms are very clean and twice daily housekeeping maintains this.

This hotel is perfect! Would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I live in Chicago but my house was under construction and I needed a place to stay for about a week close to work in the Loop. I wanted to make a nice week of it so we decided to stay at the Park Hyatt. I've always wanted to stay here but never had a reason to considering I only live 2 miles away. The hotel seems enormous but has a boutique feel with the smaller lobby and very private elevator. The rooms are spacious, modern and elegant with an enormous bathroom, huge tub and great views of Michigan Avenue if you are lucky. Room was spotless, absolutely spotless every day. Everything in place.

The staff were amazing. I had a great deal for a free breakfast every morning. The maid never left the little breakfast card so I would call for room service before going to sleep the night before. They remembered my order and asked if I'd like "the usual." Great touch.

The gym is spotless and very clean. Valet polite and prompt. If you are a tourist, couldn't be a better location for shopping, dining or lake activities and you have several public transportation options within a few feet of the entrance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were amazed by the service at this hotel. Doormen, valet, front desk: all fantastic. Now, as for our room. Bed was wonderful, we slept so well. My favorite place was the window seat. It was perfect to sit and read after a long day walking the Magnificent Mile. The bathtub is outrageous. It is perfect for two! And the complimentary bath salts, well. The Park Hyatt does it right. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

The not so good: I would suggest mentioning to guests checking in that you will also hold an additional $100.00 per night on their credit card to avoid confusion and tempers.
The showers really need to be cleaned better. There was gunk all along the floor under the glass partition separating the shower from the toilet. Ew.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor. The only thing we ever heard were sirens, and for goodness' sake, it's Chicago. You're going to hear sirens.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Classy and fun! We were in Chicago for a holiday fundraiser. The City at this time of year is often taxed to the max as everyone is in a celebratory mood as couples, business parties, holiday events, and bustling shoppers converge. The Park Hyatt delivered with both elegant rooms and event venue space. Because of its perfect near north Mag Mile location I could even slip out for a little shopping before my party began.

The fundraiser utilized conference space serving cocktails and heavy hors d'oeuvres. The bartenders were courteous and efficient and the food for the crowd was tasty and contemporary. While the event was mostly contained in one area there were comfy side rooms available for quieter seating and conversations. The event went off without a hitch!

Staff was delightful throughout the hotel. I needed to secure jewelry in their safe deposit boxes. While the hotel rooms have individual safes it is recommended that guests utilize the more secure system at the front desk. This was accomplished unobtrusively and professionally.

While we did not have dinner at NoMi this visit we have dined there previously. The elegant restaurant with the Dale Chihuly chandeliers overlooking the iconic Chicago Watertower is enchantingly romantic.

Lovely stay with a good nite's sleep and complimentary coffee at the desk for our drive home.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple