“Superior”

GreenLeadersGold level
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Superior”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Excellent room overlooking the lake, great bathroom, spotlessly clean. Very elegant and superior quality decor.
Very effective and friendly staff from doormen to receptionists and housekeeping.
Fine breakfast served in restaurant overlooking the historic watertower and lake.
Very convenient location on corner of Michigan and Chicago Avenue.
Great value for price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Amazing hotel. Excellent location right next to the old water tower and walking distance to many points of interest. Stayed four nights in a view king room. The room was great size, huge bathroom and bath tub and an excellent view to the water tower down to the lake. Top quality room service also - try the truffled popcorn!

Room Tip: Go for the view room and you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank StrongmanAC
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for staying at the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your feedback about your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room and the gorgeous views.
We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Park Hyatt this past weekend while doing some shopping for her wedding. This hotel is perfectly located for a stay in the Magnificent Mile district, full of trendy boutiques and stores. The service was impeccable, and everybody helped us around, especially my daughter with her wedding necessities. Our room was ample, beautiful view to the Water Tower, and everything worked perfectly. Our concierge, Donald, helped us get tickets to a sold out "Wicked" show. Next time I am back in Chicago will surely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and found our staff helpful during your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Chicago!

Regards,
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on a rare trip without the kids. The experience was outstanding!

I always grade very expensive hotels harder- I fully expect to get more for my money. I am extremely critical; looking for any reason to downgrade my rating. At the Hyatt, I couldn't find anything that would cause it to be less than 5 stars.

Location
The location is perfect. Despite less-than-perfect weather when we were there, we never even needed a cab to fill 2+ days of fun. You can easily walk to the lake, tons of shopping, a couple of cool neighborhoods, world class shopping, Navy Pier, and a few museums. Our longest trip was to the Art Institute/ Millenium Park and it was an awesome walk.

Lobby/common areas-
Very sophisticated, yet felt like home. The lobby area is a relaxing place to kick back and enjoy the pefectly brewed coffee in the morning to some incredible apple cider in the afternoon. The lobby is very secure- they do a great job of recognizing the guests and being very helpful.

The staff-
The staff could not have been more helpful. They were always there when needed, however, they really weren't needed that often because they do such a great job of providing anything needed.

The room.
Perfect size, awesome bathroom, incredible view.

The food-
Pricey (as could be expected at a world class hotel) but delicious.

The fitness-
Very cool. It was a very large with plenty of equipment. The only thing I didn't like was that many of the high rollers had personal trainers with them, which made it a little crowded. The trainers are cool I guess- but they got in the way (they'd be standing on the treadmill next to their client on the treadmill who was working out for example.).
The pool and locker room were amazing. Nicest I've ever seen at a hotel.
Running could be fun outside with access to the trail along the lake and fun sites to check out.

Overall, this place is great. No complaints- it truly created a memorable experience for my wife and me.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the historic watertower and was great- you can also see the lake. I'd certa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and sharing your review. I am thrilled that you and your wife had such a wonderful time during your stay. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy all aspects of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel - great location, wonderful amenities and terrific service!

The rooms are in warm hues of chocolate and feature furniture based on designs of Mies van der Rohe. The hotel has also taken to heart the architect's observation that "God is in the details."

The arrangements of the room and furnishings throughout the hotel pay homage to that principle, but what really impresses is that each staff interaction reflects the same concern for delivering superb service with just the right tone.

Ask for a view room (of the lake and water tower) on one of the higher floors. Enjoy the view at breakfast and the food at night at Nomi. And, be sure to ask the staff for anything else to make your stay perfect. They will oblige.

The location on the Miracle Mile is ideal, and Chicago always has plenty to explore, but it is always reassuring to return at the end of the day to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JeffZee
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Sadly, the Park Hyatt Chicago is completely unmemorable.
Is it a luxury hotel?  Yes, but it lacks any soul.
Based on our last stay (our third at this property), we will not return.  This review may seem hyper-critical, but we are talking about a Park Hyatt...the pinnacle of the great Hyatt brand.  There are some extraordinary Park Hyatt's in the world but this property is not up to snuff.  Surprising, since some of the Pritzkers live upstairs.
Someone is not watching the details; the carpeted panels behind the check-in desk were dirty, worn and frayed.  Not worth mentioning at most other hotels but a big no-no at a Park Hyatt.  The room service cart arrived with a tablecloth that had a quarter sized hole in it. As a busboy (over 100 years ago,) I would have known not to send a service on the same.
Cell service does not exist in the rooms - no fault of the Hyatt I'm sure but highly disruptive during our stay.
This property was built as a Park Hyatt just 10 years ago but the rooms are surprisingly small.
Gritty spinach in the eggs Benedict was a unpleasant surprise at the gorgeous NoMi restaurant and the manager was indeed horrified.
There are now an amazing collection of 5+ Star hotels in Chicago and the Park Hyatt should lead the pack but sadly, it falls way behind.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank VegasCanuck
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Hyatt Chicago. Please accept my apologies that your experience fell short of your expectations. I do appreciate you sharing your observations as we are always looking for ways to improve.
Be assured that I have shared your maintenance comments with my Engineering staff. Also, we are in the midst of a cell phone upgrade to improve reception in the building.
We hope to welcome you back in the future for an opportunity to restore your confidence in Park Hyatt Chicago.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We recently returned from a business trip to Chicago ( Nov 2013). We chose to stay at the Park Hyatt from the recent reviews read on trip advisor. I am happy to report that the Park Hyatt is an absolutely wonderful hotel. From the excellent customer service to the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms to the fabulous location in relation to the Magnificent Mile... all A+++
I will be returning frequently to Chicago for work and will make the Park Hyatt my home away from home.

Well done Park HYATT!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views and are quiet. Pay extra and go for a Lake View or Water Tower View...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and posting your feedback about your experience. I am so happy that you found our staff helpful and enjoyed your room.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Very best,