“WOW!”

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #13 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Truly above the rest in so many ways, the hotel is pristine and modern, the service impeccable. When we checked in the receptionist learned we were staying for my husband's birthday that weekend, so they upgraded us to an amazing room with a view of the water tower and Lake Michigan. We even had a Jacuzzi tub we used in our bathroom. We went out of our room after check in to get lunch. When we returned we found a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were left in our room with a Happy birthday sign! What a wonderful surprise :) It is definitely expensive, and somewhere I won't be able to stay often, but on those few occasions where we can treat ourselves, I would love to return to this hotel. You won't be let down!

The gym had the best tasting flavored water! Used the gym once, was nice and well-equipped with machines, even had headphones if you forgot yours. We had breakfast one morning, was really nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SappiNY

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I visit Chcago from time to time and have always stopping at the Park Hyatt and decided this visit we would stay. We were not disappointed. Besides being in a great location the room we had overlooked Michigan Ave. and we had a view of Lake Michigan. The staff was wonderful, friendly and very helpful. Rooms were clean and modern. I did notice some mold starting in the showers but otherwise it was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pkmills
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I got a great rate through Hotwire. I generally try 5-stars on Hotwire to test them out. Sometimes the hotels gives less than stellar service when you come through a discount travel site which is a pity. I have become a regular at many 5-star hotels after testing them on Hotwire or Priceline when they treat me like a regular paying guest.

Park Hyatt seems to treat all their guests like royalty from the moment you step through the doors, regardless on how you booked a room. The rooms are well appointed, the location is awesome (close to restaurants and shops) and the service is impeccable.

The only thing they could improve is to install a Nespesso machine in the rooms. Coming jetlagged from Europe, that would have been a plus.

Room Tip: Lake View is really nice. 1607 is a great room, if you do not need a bath tub.
2  Thank tsfoxen
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Park Hyatt Chicago is a top hotel with a most convenient location. The rooms are spacious. Well lit and most important for people like me who are easily woken, great, great blackouts. No noise problems either in spite of being on the quite busy Michigan Avenue. Nomi their very IN restaurant serves great inspired meals. The staff at the hotel is knowledgable and very courteous. I have stayed at a few hotels in Chicago and have now found my new go to hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Michigan Avenue.
1  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Have stayed in this hotel before several years. Again stayed one night last week. Excellent stay. Most of the top of the line hotel in Chicago along Michigan avenue are excellent.

Location is unbeatable. Few top of the line hotel give us nice comfortable slippers and Park Hyatt provides that. The room is clean and modern. The work table is large and well organized and position you can watch TV at the same time.

1  Thank SamTheCalifornian
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Starting from the most important, this hotel is located right next to the old water tower in Chicago, next to the best part of Michigan Ave. Some rooms have indeed great views of this tower and some are also overlooking the Michigan lake. Ask for one of these rooms, The hotel features great and spacious rooms and the service is in line with this high level Hotel. I intend to book this Hotel again when I return to Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake and/or water tower view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank giancarlodomingues
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend stay with my wife. I am a Hyatt Diamond member.

Location: The hotel is located in a convenient spot along Michigan Avenue and Chicago Avenue. We took a taxi from Midway Airport and that took about 30 minutes with light traffic. The fare was about $35. The nice thing about this property is the ability to walk to some of the major attractions nearby. The only downside is if you're looking to spend time further south in the areas of Grant Park, Shedd Aquarium, and Soldier Field. That's quite a walk and not recommended during the winter. Fortunately, taxis are plentiful if you don't feel like walking.

Check-In: We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and it was a little busy, so we had to wait about 5-10 minutes to check in. The front desk staff was professional and explained all of the features, including the Hyatt Diamond amenity. Unfortunately, the Diamond amenity was never delivered so I had to call down later that evening and they took care of it then. When we went up to our room, there was a housekeeping keycard in the slot, so we were a bit confused and went down to the front desk. Apparently, they were not quite finished cleaning the room, so we had to wait a bit.

Property/Room: The property was impressive and certainly fit the category as a luxury hotel. This was my first stay at a Park Hyatt property and the distinction was pretty clear. The decor was nice and everything was clean and in good condition. The only inconvenience was the fact that there were 2 elevators for the hotel and one of them was under maintenance during our entire stay. So we usually had to wait a few minutes just to go up or down, as it had to pick up everyone along the way. We booked a standard King bedroom using the Hyatt credit card free nights and received an upgrade to a lake view room due to my Hyatt Diamond status. That was a nice bonus. The room was very plush and the furnishings were high end. The bathroom was huge and had a big soaking tub and separate walk-in shower. The bed was comfortable and I liked the window seat which offered a great view of the city. I would only point out a couple of minor negatives - a connecting room door to our neighbor (could sometimes hear their TV and conversations) and the fact that you will hear sirens all night from fire engines and ambulances. Aside from that, the hotel is quite nice and we were impressed.

Amenities: Being a Hyatt Diamond member, we were offered free breakfast in their restaurant, NoMI Kitchen, or room service. On Sunday morning, we opted to check out the restaurant and were lucky enough to score a table by the window with a great view of the water tower. The food there was excellent and I would have to rate the pancakes and sausage as some of the best I have ever had. There was no club lounge at this property, but there was a small nook downstairs that had free beverages (soda, water, coffee, cider, tea) and some random snacks like mini muffins. This appeared to be open to everyone, so it was usually empty whenever we stopped by.

Service: The service from the staff in general was pretty good. The doorman was hit or miss sometimes. Housekeeping did a good job.

Overall, it was a great stay. They certainly take care of their Hyatt Diamond members. There were a few minor issues, but nothing too concerning. The excellent location and luxury feel make up for it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple