“It speaks for itself”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toledo, Ohio
“It speaks for itself”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

High priced but a very nice hotel. Location is great for downtown. Rooms were large along with the bathroom. Loved the oversized tub. We were able to check in very early when we arrived at 10 00 am to our surprise. They also allowed us a late checkout. Bed was great to sleep. Loved the auto shade. Kept the room dark Great place for a getaway

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 September 2010

The Park Hyatt is high priced, but the experience is luxurious. Perfect lighting, beautiful bathrooms, automated shades, great views. The gym is very nice, and the outdoor restuarant is wonderful for cocktails.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Loved the Park Hyatt Chicago. The staff was amazing so friendly and helpful. Extremely comfortable rooms and delicious breakfasts. Also a lovely touch having complimentary bikes for a ride along the shorefront. Would love to go back - great city, great hotel,

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I am currently in the middle of my second stay here at the Park Hyatt Chicago and this experience is better than the first. I used my upgrade certificate and my only gripe ( a small one at that) was that I neither received a high room or a room with a view. However, the suite (Park Suite) is amazing! Very spacious at over 800 square feet. 2 bath rooms, 1 of which has separate bath/shower (shower is big enough for 3 and bath is big enough for 2). The master bath also has 2 sinks and is very spacious. There is a second restroom off the dining area. There is a huge TV (over 40+ inches), sound system w/ ipod input and DVD player. Everything is smart, clean, tasteful and comfortable.

I took advantage of the free bikes. I enjoyed the bath (they have bath crystals to use as well). The soaps and amenities were fragrant and refreshing.

The staff all provide the best service, with friendly faces and attitudes and very attentive. The breakfast is good but very overpriced if you actually have to pay for it. The portions are a bit small as well. The gym is nice and open 24/hrs.

WiFI is free for all. The pool and jacuzzi are refreshing even after a hot humid day. The property is within walking distance of the metro (2 blocks), great shopping (around the corner), probably over 100 great places to eat from casual to fine dining. With the bikes you can easily see everything this great city has to offer.

If you have a chance - check it out!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This is a great hotel, and possibly the best in Chicago.

Cleanliness - 5 - Nothing wrong with cleanliness in the hotel.
Location - 5 - The BEST! Right on North Michigan Avenue, by the Historic Water Tower.
Rooms - 5 - WOW! The rooms were very large, and quite nice. We had room 1205, the view was so great! Pay for the view! We had one king bed, and a rollaway. Both of which were VERY comfortable. The room had a window seat, a comfortable Eames Mies Van Der Rohe reproduction chair, a glass desk with chair, a HUGE TV (with HD!!!) a dresser and the closet. The mini-bar was fairly well priced, and there's free water and apples. The closet was cool, also opened to the bathroom and had a safe and a robe (wish it was two) and two pairs of slippers. It also had a variety of hangers and a shoe buffer. The bathroom was amazing! Great toiletries, two sinks, a HUGE soaking tub (candles and bath salts included) separate shower, TV, and little room with the toilet. This was definitely the best room I have every stayed in.
Service - 4.5 - The only reason I gave a 4.5 was because unfortunately, the turndown service was inconsistent. At check-in we were upgraded, because of Hyatt Diamond Status. We also got choice of amenity, which was almost anything. They even gave my teenage son milk and cookies, which he liked, because he can't exactly have wine. The doormen and bellmen were nice. Our bags were held there and it was very prompt. Also, something cool, when you walk in, they hit the elevator button from the desk so you don't have to wait.
Value - 5 - We only paid $16 a night because we had Hyatt BWB award nights, and the $16 was our breakfast tip. I can't really comment on value if we had paid full price.
Sleep Quality - 5 - The curtains were good and there was not much noise. The room was cool and beds comfortable.
This was a great hotel, we all loved it, and hope we can stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
dc
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I had a free night at any Hyatt from a promotion during the spring, so I used it for a one-night stay on a college visit to Chicago with my teenage son. We were able to confirm only a two twin bed room, but were advised to request two doubles at check-in. We arrived early around 9am, expecting to check our luggage. Despite being sold out on doubles, they checked for two rooms, both with doubles, and said we could check in soon. After about 15 minutes wait we decided to get breakfast nearby; when we returned we were told that we had an upgraded room ready. We went to the room, which overlooked the water tower on the 14th floor and had a great view of Lake Michigan down the street. Two double beds, a huge bathroom with two sinks, a separate toilet room, an oversized bathtub with a hand-held shower head, and a separate shower room with a rain-type wall mounted shower about 8' up and a separate hand-held. The door to the connecting corner room was open and it had a king bed. I couldn't believe that we had been given a two-room suite, so I called the front desk to check. I was put on hold but got no response so I called back after a few minutes. They first misinterpreted my question as a request for a second room, but when I explained that I was just checking to see if the doors had been left open by mistake they confirmed that I had reserved only one room. I locked the connecting doors myself.

The room had bedside controls for the sheer and the blackout shades on the window and also for the lighting. Flat screen TV, i-pod dock, one robe (but two pairs of slippers) in the closet, two toothbrushes and toothpaste, iron, ironing board, shoeshine machine, hairdryer, safe, etc. Minibar, jars of nuts (3 kinds), bottles of imported sparking water, basket of apples. I assume that only the apples were complimentary though. (the sparking water bottles were moved to our nightstands with the turn-down service -- I guess they really wanted us to buy them.) Extremely comfortable beds with four pillows each, a modern leather lounge chair with ottoman, glass desk with chair, and a cushioned window seat were more than adequate. Complimentary internet access -- wired and wireless, although the latter worked for my son, it didn't for me, There was an ethernet cable in a fabric pouch marked "internet cable" in one of the drawers.

We checked out around 7am and left our luggage in the hotel. I asked if we could use the pool and locker room in the afternoon and they said sure, no problem. We didn't need to keep our keys because there was open access. We returned around 4:30 pm and went to the pool. Locker room had full-sized lockers stocked with robes and slippers; towels were piles on a rack. Keys were in the unused lockers. Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, shaving cream, razors, etc. all available. Two shower rooms, one equipped for handicapped. Large steam room. Three or four lane lap pool, with a small outside deck shared with the bar but separated by shrubbery in planters. Small 4 person hot tub was relaxing end to a long day. We went to the airport and arrived home late, tired and relaxed. Our one night stay felt like a full two or three day trip.

I didn't rate value because our room was complimentary. We really appreciated not being treated like second class citizens in any way -- the service was first rate from everyone we encountered. My only two admittedly minor suggestions would be to replace the towels with more fluffy ones -- the ones we had were somewhat thin -- and to add a mirror in the bedroom -- the only mirrors were in the bathroom.

My son's telling me that I did a great job in selecting this hotel -- priceless.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
parkchicago, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Dear Dad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your son were able to get away and experience the Park Chicago. Your feedback is important to me especially the notes about the towels. I will make certain to meet with the leadership team in Housekeeping to review this detail closer. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Paul E. Cardona
Executive Assistant Manager - Operations
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Soo much fun. A great spa to relax in after a long day of riding in the car. My whole entire family especially loved the pool, which they could play in while I worked out in the state-of-the-art gym. The room service was my kids' favorite part. While they stayed in the room for dinner and tv, my husband and I went to go eat dinner at a local restaurant. Great location too!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family