Raffaello Hotel
US$446
US$243
US$231
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$271
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$161
2,234 results
All reviewsdonut shopdrum bargrand suitedonutsgreat locationthe john hancock buildingthe magnificent milerooftop barwater tower placemichigan avenuetop floorsmall hotelroom serviceself parkspacious roombusiness centerthe gold coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Staff not gentle, no help from them, cleaning not that good, elevators really slow, the air condition never works. The ladies at the entrance did not help, the breakfast is really expensive and does not worth it, it was really bad.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Carmemar
Sharronjoye, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for the time you gave to post your impression. We work hard to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and on behalf of the Raffaello staff, please accept my apology for your experience. We appreciate your feedback as it is always good to hear from our guests. We value you at the Raffaello and sincerely look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a future stay.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I do not even know where to begin. Awesome location, wonderful room, and friendly staff at this hotel. I had reserved a basic king room and opted in for the upgrade to a grand suite (their biggest) if the room went unsold. Well, it did and the suite was huge! Big open rooms with windows everywhere. We even had a peek of Lake Michigan since we were on the 17th floor, on the 18th floor is the Drumbar so the 17th is the highest for rooms. I want to go back ASAP but I will have to have this suite or one on the 17th floor again!

Room Tip: Choose the bigger suite as a last minute upgrade if available-it was $60 for my upgrade!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jenrockford

Thank you for posting this delightful review and giving the Raffaello your perfect 5-STAR rating! It is wonderful to hear that you were comfortable in your Suite and happy with the location, staff and service of the hotel. We appreciate your compliments and will be sharing with the entire team. You are welcome back to your Downtown Chicago home anytime!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I pricelined this hotel for about $100 a night in Late October which is a steal for a 4 star hotel during this time and this location in Chicago! The room was a little bigger than what I expected for downtown Chicago. The room and bathroom were very clean and the they even had a rainwater shower which was very nice.

Also the location is great, right around the corner from the Hancock in the River North area and about a block from Michigan avenue.

However, there are a couple of negatives that you should be aware of. I found the elevators to be extremely small and there are only two of them. During check out time, it was such a pain to wait for an elevator. Several elevators would stop on the floor but be full of people and not have room. I often took the stairs down from the 7th floor. However, on the morning I was checking out, I had to wait 20 minutes for an empty elevator. I would have simply taken the stairs if I didn't have a big suitcase.

Also, some of the doormen were not at all friendly or useful. On the morning I checked out, The doorman didn't even open the door for me even though I had a big piece of luggage with me and just simply stared, and didn't even call a cab. I am not usually one to complain about something like this, but what's the point of having a doorman if you aren't going to open the door.

Bottom line, if you're looking for location and can get a room at this place for about $100 a night then stay here, if not, don't bother. There are other places on the Mag Mile that are much better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sharronjoye, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide your impression. I am glad you liked the hotel and our location, but I am disappointed by the challenges you encountered during your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for your experience. It is always good to receive feedback from our guests and we look forward to the opportunity to change your perception on a future visit.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and two children stayed recently. I cannot say enough positive things about the hotel. Every second of our two night stay was perfect. The room, the location, and the staff. All we wonderful. We would, without question and hesitation, stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your kind words and your 5-STAR rating of the Raffaello! We are here to serve you and look forward to many more family visits to come.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This older but elegant hotel is well located to food, the lake and the Golden Mile. King size bed room was comfortable clean and very affordable. Desk staff was warm and welcoming. The view out our window was of the Hancock Building. Only con with this room was the shower only had a half glass wall allowing water spray to cover the floor. Small issue but just a warning. Also they require "a deposit" for possible usage of in room snacks and drinks. $100 a night reimbursed on check out. It only explained the deposit not the amount in policy. But all in all an excellent home away from home! Would stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your perfect rating! It is wonderful that you approved of our beautiful hotel and location, and appreciated the gracious service you received. We are glad you had a great stay at the Raffaello. As our valued guest, we would love to have you stay with us in the future.