“Chicago Hotel Review”

Ranked #100 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Vandalia, Ohio
“Chicago Hotel Review”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay at the Raffaello Hotel. It was conveniently located by the Mag Mile and many of Chicago's attractions. The lobby and rooms were very clean and well-kept. We stayed in the king suite which had ample room for both of us to share. Linens were nice and bed was comfy. Bathroom shower was very soothing with the rainshower shower head. The room had a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Also a TV in each room and thermostat for temp regulation.The staff were very polite and accomadating.There was a parking garage one block away that offered self-park for 34$ per night and valet parking for 64$ per night both with in/out priveldges.
The only two negative aspects of this hotel for our stay was our bathroom door would not stay shut. We used a washcloth to wedge in door. And the doormen could have been a bit more helpful with unloading and loading up our bags. Basically I had to do both.
Overall the stay was satisfactory and we will definitely use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sean F, Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
We always welcome and encourage our guest's to provide feedback of their experience while staying with us at The Raffaello Hotel. The positive feedback is truly encouraging to the entire team here at the hotel and I will be sure to share the news. We certainly appreciate the feedback too that gives us an opportunity to improve certain conditions and or services we provide at the hotel. We always want to be aware of our guest's needs and wants, because we always want to improve our services, and in turn improve the experience you will have. We look forward to having you back with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Superb service. My only complaint is valet costs. It costs just about as much money for my car to stay overnight as it does for my room!! ABSURD! However, I realize it's a city thing - BUT I would hope the owners at the Rafaello would work something into the room rate to discount or include parking for overnight stays!!! MAYOR RAHM EMMANUEL! Help your local hotel people out ....

• Stayed February 2014
Sean F, Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such an outstanding review. The service that you received during your stay is what we take pride in the most here at The Raffaello Hotel. Our entire team is dedicated to providing each and every one of our guest's an experience such as your own, one that is memorable. We will certainly take your insight into consideration as an opportunity to always improve to better serve our valued guest's. Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you back again soon.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Raffaello was perfect for my quick business trip to Chicago. My days were full of meetings, and in the evening I looked forward to coming back to the hotel to relax. The room was clean & spacious and the bed was super comfortable, The staff was friendly and accommodating. The location is fantastic, near great shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay at the Raffaello again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sean F, Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We look forward to having you back with us at The Raffaello. It is nice to hear that you were able to enjoy our plush and comfortable rooms after such busy days. It is our duty and our pleasure at The Raffaello to ensure hospitality at its finest, and I am glad you found that here with us.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a secret and I would like this to be a Hidden jewel of Chicago's gold coast. The secured elevators help maker this a good private hotel for those avoiding the poppirazzi and crowds. The donut shop in the morning is a plus.

• Stayed February 2014
Sean F, Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful regards about our hotel. Not only is our guest’s comfort and ease a priority here. But only above that is our guest’s security. We want to ensure our guest’s are comfortable in knowing that we are take this very seriously. So the small step of programming our elevators only to allow access to key holding guest’s of the hotel, is not only our pleasure but our duty as well. We look forward to your next stay with us and the opportunity of exceeding your previous expectations.
Roscoe, Illinois
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is the second time around for us to stay at the Raffaello and we will definitely return when we head back to Chicago. We were so lucky to have received a great price on one of their suites and were pleasantly surprised with the size. We arrived into Chicago from the suburbs early and decided to head to the hotel to leave the little bit of luggage we had so we could go to lunch. We arrived just before noon and were greeted by one of the most friendly bellman. He was very pleasant and helpful. I wish I would have gotten his name, but we arrived on Sat Feb 8 at about 1pm. If that helps, please recognize him for his service because he deserves it. Then the check in. Very friendly and professional. Again another Kudos is due. We were allowed to check in early for no extra charge. What a pleasant surprise. We checked out our rooms and were very pleased. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Later on in the evening we were sent a text asking us if everything was ok so far and if we needed anything to just let them know. Well, usually we don't need anything, but this time we did. A toothbrush and toothpaste. We texted them back and they brought it to our room .Now THAT IS service. This hotel is located is so close to some great shopping, restaurants and what ever you need. We will definitely return. Now, for the Drumbar that is a different story. We did have a minor glitch there but that is due to not knowing what the dress code is ahead of time and just plain SLOW service at 6pm. We were offered another free drink for the issues, but we did not use. Once again a great job to the staff at the Raffaello.

Room Tip: Not a skyline type view hotel because it is in the shadows of the John Hancock Tower. Get a Deluxe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gidget&rocky
Sharronjoye, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for posting your perfect rating of the Raffaello! Your comments on our prime location and clean and comfortable guestroom suites are greatly appreciated. We take pride in ensuring our guests’ experience is memorable and it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the Raffaello Team. We are honored to be your home away from home and anticipate serving you again very soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A great location, and excellent value. If you want a hotel with a fancy breakfast, this place isn't for you - there's nothing but a coffee / donut shop in the lobby, but for the price ($99) and the location, Raffaello is excellent. The restaurant next door (accessible through the lobby) is an outstanding Italian restaurant - recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sharronjoye, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for posting your review and giving us your positive rating! I am delighted you enjoyed our Italian restaurant, Pelago Ristorante, and appreciated our prime location in the heart of the Gold Coast. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Michigan
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I really thought this hotel was going to be so special. The hotel employee that checked us in and out was so nice and accommodating. The doormen were very professional. The lobby is simple but adequate. A donut coffee shop is in the lobby area with incredible yummy donuts. Yes, I broke down and ate one! The hotel rooms are very small, reminds me of the hotel rooms in Europe. Now for my two complaints, the paper products were awful, cheap really thin papery toilet and facial tissue. The other issue was the noise. The ice machine in the hallway on the 10th floor was so loud I could hear it in the room. I also wondered if a generator of some kind was running. We heard loud banging noises from the exterior bathroom wall. I wonder if these noises are to be expected due to the age of the building. I didn't report any of this to the staff. I didn't want to bother to change rooms. A nice touch is the in house bar. I would say a 20 something crowd in the bar area with a DJ a few nights a week. Reviews of the bar mentioned a bouncer but I never saw anyone. I was concerned when we returned to the hotel at midnight and didn't see an attendant or doorman. You do have to use a key for the elevator but I thought it was a little strange that no one was in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bellarosa1
Thank you for being our guest and posting your review. I am glad that you appreciated our hospitality and received top-notch service. However, I would like to express sincere apologies for the issues you observed and any uneasiness you may have experienced. Be assured your comments will be used as we continue to improve for future guests. We would love you to be one of them.