Raffaello Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
2,233 results
All reviewsdonut shopdrum bargrand suitedonutsgreat locationthe john hancock buildingthe magnificent milerooftop barwater tower placemichigan avenuetop floorsmall hotelroom serviceself parkspacious roombusiness centerthe gold coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Lazy bell staff (not once was the door held open for me... instead, they would hit the wheel chair button as though they couldn't be bothered). Rooms are avg. The Drumbar security told us to wait in line despite us being paying guests in the hotel. Prices for the room service are outrageous ($12 for a bowl of Cornflakes?). Text messages from the concierge every day was annoying and, frankly, not something I've ever experienced (and wish not to ever experience again).

The only real things this hotel has going for it have nothing to do with the hotel, and that's its location, the Drumbar on the top floor, and the Glazed Doughnuts shop in the lobby.

Value per dollar is pretty low, mostly due to the terrible, lazy service. I would not recommend and will explore alternatives in the downtown next time I'm in Chicago.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah B, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience at the Raffaello. It disappoints us to know that we under delivered, as it is our goal to ensure that every guest receives a quality experience. I apologize for the lack of enthusiasm and appropriate customer service you seemed to have observed in our staff. On the other hand, I am glad you enjoyed the location, Glazed and Infused and Drumbar. I hope you return to find better circumstances in our hotel and a more enjoyable visit to Chicago in general.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our 2nd trip to the Raffaello. The hotel is located just a few blocks from Michigan Ave and the beach. We were able to walk to mass on Sunday. King Suite was a lovely room. The bed and bathroom were very clean and the cleaning service did a great job tidying up each day. It was hard to leave...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah B, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Raffaello! It gives us great pleasure to know that you were happy with the room in which you stayed as well as the cleaning services. We do hope you return again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had a great experience. The front desk was very accommodating and found me a room for early check-in. The room was great and my sleep restful. Definitely a keeper!My only complaint would be a slow elevator...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah B, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us at the Raffaello. I am pleased to know that you received a quality experience from our staff, and in particular, the front desk. We hope you return again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Pls see previous page. Very disappointed and feel some adjustment should have been made to my bill. Have stayed with you a number of times! And hope to stay again BUT many things need to get corrected

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Decided in the morning to head to Chicago for a concert Friday night. I was not in the hotel much more than to shower, sleep, and turn around and head home Saturday morning. I didn't have time to utilize the facilities, go to the bar, or the restaurant. I will say that everyone was really nice and helpful. The hotel was clean and I have no complaints.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall! We hope you enjoyed the concert as well and hope you return again soon so that you may experience Drumbar and our other facilities!