Raffaello Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
2,234 results
All reviewsdonut shopdrum bargrand suitedonutsgreat locationthe john hancock buildingthe magnificent milerooftop barwater tower placemichigan avenuetop floorsmall hotelroom serviceself parkspacious roombusiness centerthe gold coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2008

I did not stay there, but I got the help I needed to send a bottle of champaign to friends. Although there is no in house shop today, the concierge ran out and purchased a bottle w/in my price range - by the way - it was below 0 degree wind chill!!!! Then arranged for the bottle to be chilled upon their arrival.
great service!

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 1 November 2008

This is a lovely hotel - our room was excellent and had all the facilities we could want and the staff could not have been more helpful. We found the concierge, whose name I cannot now remember, particularly helpful in recommending places to visit, eat and shop. And he got us some discounts! The hotel may be away from the Loop but that means you can avoid the noise and we found taxis to be good value. It also means the Raffaello is located in a pretty sophisticated and quiet neighbourhood. Anywhere located within a few blocks from Oprah Winfrey's home can't be bad. The hotel is extremely well located for Hancock Centre, Magnificent Mile and is only two block from the stops for the main city tour buses. It was one of the best city centre hotels we have stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Ok, so Chicago is an expensive town, and a convention town, so finding affordable and available hotels, while still wanting some comfort and ammenities is not easy. I found the Raffaello online. Great location, I will say that. The rest of the Hotel really lacks in service and style to warrant a 340 dollar per night price tag. There is no restaurant on site, no bar, internet is not free and the doorman will call you cab, if he absolutely has to but as we had 36 degree weather, we had to find one ourself because he was inside getting warm. Service is minimal here. MINIMAL. For the money, stay at budget marriot or best western. At least then you'll have a no frills expectation. I am writing this review FROM the hotel room. Smells like fried food...probably because people have to bring food in from the outside for dinner, unless they go out. My room still hasn't been cleaned. We left at 8:30 this morning so plenty of time. Access to the internet requires a code, fine, but you must enter it in EVERY time you log in as the system does not remember it. Bathrooms are tiny, no space to put anything, one hook for a towel shared with blow dryer. I called the front desk and the concierge this morning. No answer at either. Things happen, no hotel is perfect. But the over all problem of this place is the general sense that this is just a job for the staff. They don't say hello, goodbye, open a door, ask you if you need help, or offer a smile. I'm from LA, I can get that for free. The Raffaello has a lot to learn about service and client relations. A LOT. Starting with remembering that guests come first and are paying to stay there, not the other way around. So, if you lower your expectations, this is a great place. Otherwise, there is a courtyard marriott around the corner. Go there, and save yourself the $$ and the aggravation.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberley L
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I travel to Chicago frequently for business, and we discovered the Raffaello back in June. Since then, I've been in Chicago about 8 times and stay there every time.

ADVICE: Always book a King room. They're much bigger than the double rooms

The staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and it's a perfect location. It's a 5-10 minute cab ride to our client's offices, right off the Magnificent Mile (though I never have time to go shopping) and a quick cab ride to any restaurant we ever choose to dine in. I'm surprised about the reviewer saying the bellman wasn't around, there's always 1-2 standing there when I get in. I've even been given comp upgrades to a suite, which is FANTASTIC!

No, they don't have room service but you can ask the front desk for a couple places that deliver to your room. They are Italian places, but have extensive menus (not just pizza) and the food is pretty good. In the morning, they will deliver breakfast to your room if you put the order on your door the night before.

all in all, I'd say stay there. It's a great hotel, great location, and great price. I've never paid more than $240 a night, and for this location and quality of hotel, that's a steal.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2008

We loved the Rafaello. The decor is fantastic: modern, stylish, elegant and cosy, yet spacious. (No cheesy stuffiness.) Our room was impeccably clean - just how it should be. The little kitchenette was great. Can't wait to go back.

We stayed for 4 nights and we actually prolongued our stay in Chicago because we liked the hotel so much. The first 2 nights we stayed in the W downtown which was also fine but we preferred the Rafaello.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)