During a valentines weekend trip with my wife to New York, bad weather left us stranded in Chicago for a day. Having no reservations, I called the the first Marriott I came across in a quick Google search. I had no high hopes regarding price since this was a last minute request but I was pleasantly surprised by the price for the room that was available immediately. After a 40 minute taxi ride (traffic) from O'Hare were were in the very well appointed lobby. The staff were extremely courteous and were were given a corner room with a king bed. We were very happy with the room , the bed was extremely comfortable and everything was clean and orderly. The windows in our room were very large and offered good views of the city. The hotel was very nicely situated, with numerous places to eat in and around the building. There is a Starbucks located downstairs which was very nice. It is also located right next to the metro (very convenient) and was pleasantly about a 3 minute walk from the Cloud Gate. Finally the hotel had a car service for transportation back to O'Hare which was much nicer than a taxi. This was my first chance to get out and explore Chicago and it was a wonderful experience. It is not often I am delighted to have had my flight canceled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel