We stayed here 5 nights in March, and would definitely come back. It is one block to the iconic Chicago theater & Macy's, and 3 blocks from the Mag Mile. There is a great walgreens a block away as well, with a fab liquor selection & cold medicine selection(for emergencies!)
We could see both the Chicago river and the Chicago theater from our room, and we were right across from The Wit's top floor bar which was hopping!
We have never really used a concierge before, but Suzie was the BEST! She helped us out every day, knew us by name and found us a great Italian restaurant, connected me with a hair stylist, shoe shiner, super helpful with public transportation & other great nightly activities.
Our room was clean, updated with a modern/classic look and was HUGE on the 24th floor. Housekeeping was consistent and thorough, with a turn-down service in the evening as well.
On the weekend when the gold member lounge was closed, they comped us breakfast passes to the restaurant, and it was the most gorgeous view & tasty food ever.
Bar Novo is very hip & romantic with a great drink menu & "tasting" menu, we ordered a couple of dishes to share & they hit the spot.
Even though my husband's conference was at the Hyatt, we are loyal Marriott members and will continue to stay here in years ahead. Great visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel