We were there for a business 5 day convention. Our last evening we had the big banquet and dinner. The food was okay, the servers never offered coffee. After dinner we had 4 hours of awards and there were no servers to be found to fill up waters or remove glasses or bring coffee. After asking for water for several hours they finally found some servers to come around. Being this was our last evening, we did not want to leave Chicago without having their pizza. After the banquet a large group of us went to the hotel bar. Their kitchen was closed and we ordered several pizzas for the group from a local pizza place. When the pizzas arrived the bar manager came over and rudely told us we could not eat the pizza in the bar. Since we had all just order several hundred dollars worth of drinks this was a huge inconvenience! Then they called last call we ordered another round after receiving the round and paying the bill we were kicked out without getting a chance to finish the drinks. We were asked to go in the lobby to which they lock the bathrooms and make people go to their rooms 19, 20 floors up to use the bathroom. As must have been their goal, the comradeship we were looking for after a long week of meetings never happened. I know our factory spent nearly $800,000.00 with this hotel on this convention and we have never been so poorly treated by the staff at any hotel! This place is by far the rudest place I've have ever stayed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel