“Excellent Experience”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #75 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This past weekend I stayed at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers to celebrate my sister's 50th Birthday. It was a wonderful experience. From entering the hotel on Thursday afternoon the warm and friendly atmosphere was so welcoming. The staff was attentive and polite at every interaction. The rooms were clean and the beds were amazingly comfortable! The location was very convenient and walkable to downtown. I would strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 May 2012

one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! I travel for a living and the service I received here was far beyond any experience i have ever had any where else. If you happen to meet Madalyn, give her a hug for me and thank her for your stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We attended the restaurant show this week, the hotel was a haven for us. The bell staff, and attendants out front were great- the Lava Bar bartenders terrific. What needs to change a bit, the pricing in Starbucks downstairs- a bit high- and only two people working in the morning with all these convention people getting a coffee before you leave? And we should not have to sign our credit card/room charge slip. Takes too long, and its only for $10-15? Bar prices were a bit high, but its Chicago! Shula's was ok, just ok, and the prices there were very very high and not worth it. The beds- AWESOME. we needed a good nights sleep after a long day exhibiting and visiting and we got it. Just some upgrades to awesome are needed.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for the great view.
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed here recently as part of a convention for three nights. The hotel was decorated very nice, modern touches and well lit with lots of space. There were two sets of elevators depending on what floor you were on with 3-17 having 6 elevators and 18-34 having 6 elevators. I was on the 27th floor and there rarely was a wait time for an elevator.

The room had a great view of the Chicago river and downtown area with the NBC building across the street. Two double beds were very comfortable with 6 pillows per bed. Flat screen TV, chair and a small table. Everything was clean and decorated nicely. The bathroom was clean and everything worked well. There was a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Internet access was an additional $13 a day.

The staff at the desk, front entrance and every where else was very courteous and helpful. There is a Shula steakhouse inside but I did not use it or the spa area.

Here is where my experience went sour. First off, valet parking is $51 a day! Self park is around $40. Valet parking was my best choice on this trip and was very pricey.

When I got home I had gotten an email from my cell phone company thanking me for my order. Order, what order?? Apparently someone used my cell phone number and name and some how ordered a new cell phone to be delivered to an address in the Chicago area. I did have a name tag on for the conference so it could have been anyone who got my name but I did not give my phone number out to anyone. In fact the only time I used my cell phone was to call a gift shop across the street without giving my name to find our their hours and to call the valet to get my car when I checked out. So in conclusion I don't know who got my information but I suppose you might want to be leary of using the wireless internet and your cell phone in the hotel. I understand this can happen anywhere but just makes you wonder.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

First time going to Chicago and wanted to stay at a convenient location and not pay over $500 for 2 weekend nights. Bid on Priceline and ended up getting it for about $280. The day we were to arrive I called to see about an upgrade (i.e. view/bigger room) and opted for the $60/night upgrade. Our room was on the top floor with windows facing the lake. If you can spare the upgrade, I would definitely recommend it because it comes with Wi-Fi and also a lounge area exclusively for customers in the higher floors. The lounge serves breakfast and a late afternoon snack time. The hotel was clean, the lobby area overall was huge, and the staff were friendly. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star was because the style of the hotel seems a little dated but clean. Outside of that it was a great stay and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Consider paying for the upgrade!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

One person in particular made a wonderful impression. I needed some
assistance locating our room and inquired at the Reception Desk. Isaiah Jones went above
and beyond in helping me. As busy as he was trying to assist others who were arriving, he
took the time to help me with my bags and made sure I was safely in my room. He was very
kind and reassuring and a great ambassador for the Sheraton Chicago. It is the efforts of
your employees such as Isaiah that truly make your hotel a standout. Please make sure
he and others who go the extra mile are recognized for what they do.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

They charge 13.00 for wifi and it doesn't even work in the ballroom where my meetings were.

• Stayed: May 2012