“Best Hotel Beds Ever!”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #78 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I actually slept well here which never happens when I travel. The beds are amazing and make me wonder why all hotels don't have them... They don't only this Sheraton does and what difference it makes. Let's be honest- the main reason we stay is to get rest between whatever awesome things or business things we're doing on these trips. No matter how fancy a hotel is what good is it if you can't get a good nights rest. Well, this one has it ALL! Posh interior, great food, comfortable rooms and beds so good you don't want to go home. I can't recommend both the accomodations and the service enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (5,180)

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here last weekend and were very pleased with the accommodations. The staff was friendly, hotel was in a great location, food was excellent, and gym was set up well. I would definitely stay here again for my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this Sheraton last week for the Midwest Produce Show and have NEVER experienced the level of service provided by the team at this property. We had a lot of things to bring in for the Show and the Bell Staff was just absolutely outstanding. They were very prompt and always had someone right there to help. Every single staff member was thoughtful and went out of their way to be helpful. Torre at the front desk was extremely welcoming and very helpful. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton with a buddy of mine when we went to a Bears game last year. The hotel certainly got the job done, nothing more, nothing less. I found the room to be a little dark - I strongly prefer bright rooms. The location is good. I didn't use the gym or eat at the hotel so can't comment on those aspects.

Since Chicago is such a great city I guess the hotel doesn't really need to be anything special: its best to leave the hotel and explore the city.

I would certainly stay at the Sheraton again. Its "Good" but since that isn't an option on TripAdvisor it gets a "Fair" from me.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lg_Chikwambo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton; it turned out to be the perfect base of operations for a whirlwind family trip to Chicago. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Navy Piers, and it is easily accessible to the museum campus. The hotel staff was very attentive, particularly in their interactions with our six-year old. Our suite was quite comfortable and we very much enjoyed our Club level upgrade and the convenient continental breakfast that came with it. Our visit was a memorable and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here from August 15th-18th, 2012 in connection with a convention at McCormick Place. We had our car and parking was a bit confusing as we pulled down into the parking garage and began looking for a spot - only to be told that due to renovations, only valet-parking was available at $55 a night. However, the attendant pointed us out of the garage and into an adjacent parking facility that was only $30 a night.

However, other than that little glitch, our stay was perfect.

I usually stay at Embassy Suites and Marriott properties but I did join Starwood's frequent guest program so I could earn points on this stay. We were upgraded to the next level room at no-charge as a result of the membership so I highly recommend it. In addition, the card also got us 20% off the on-premises Shula's restaurant.

Speaking of the latter, it's as pricey as many Chicago steakhouses - my 12 ounce filet was $48 and my wife's salmon was around $34. As is typical, salads and starches were not included. If you feel like splurging a bit and staying in the hotel - this is a very good dining option - our meals were outstanding.

We had breakfast each morning at a restaurant on the lower floor. Individual meal options were $14-$16 and they have a daily breakfast buffet for $24.95. The buffet was good but I'd like to see more a la carte individual options - I'm not an egg eater and pancakes or french toast were not options on the menu.

We had a few cocktails one evening in the lobby bar - a relatively quiet but large space. The other cocktailing option at the hotel is a nice-size bar inside the aforementioned Shulas. Those looking for more hip-happening places or sports bars will need to walk a block or two - PJ Clarks has an outpost a block away just inside the Embassy Suites hotel lower level.

The health club features state-of-the-art cardio and strength-training equipment as well as separate saunas in the bathrooms. A nice size indoor pool adjoins the health club as does an outdoor sun deck with lounge chairs that is great for afternoon tanning... until the Trump Tower blocks the sun to the west - about two hours before sunset during our stay.

The location is perfect - a short walk to Navy Pier and a reasonable walk to just about everything business travelers and vacationers alike could desire.

Room Tip: We prefer higher floor rooms in cities - that all but eliminates street-noise - especially that of...