“Great Spot Right On The River In Downtown Chicago!”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #75 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed here for a conference that was held at the hotel. This was my first stay at this property, and I'll say that I was impressed! The hotel is well maintained, clean, easy to navigate, well located, and the staff were friendly. The room was neat and tidy, with a great view (I was on the river side, on one of the upper floors). The beds were fantastic. The internet worked great. The fitness center was large and well equipped. The pool area was kept clean as well. There are lots of elevators, so there was never a long wait to go up and down.
The only problem (and it really was the only issue) that I had here was that the bill got charged incorrectly to my credit card. The accounting department was friendly and courteous, and was able to fix the problem, but it took a couple phone calls and emails, and about a week and a half to get straightened out. Of the 6 people in my group who traveled together to this conference, 4 of us had problems with our bills being incorrect. I don't know if it was new people at the front desk or something. My advice, just so your stay goes without any bumps, would be to make sure to check over the bill thoroughly upon checking out.
That being said, the billing situation would not keep me from staying here again. Overall the stay was great, and I got to see some neat things in Chicago. Two thumbs up on the hotel and its neatness!

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

I sincerely apologize for the confusion from a billing perspective and at your earliest convenience if you would like to chat, please call me at 312-329-6995. We are grateful for your business and look forward to having you spend time with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The Chicago Sheraton is central a 5 min walk to Michigan Ave and 10 to Navy Pier. It has great views and a large gym and a terrific pool and sun deck.

All in all it is a great hotel if you are traveling with kids. It is a big family and convention oriented hotel - so if that is what you are looking for - it is the perfect choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

We are very grateful for your business and thank you for bringing your family to spend time with us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever do to make your stays more comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Windy City soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Ok, I might dont understand about all the hotels in the world, but Sheraton in Chicago isnt that special.
It's definitely well located but that's all.
The concierge staff were never there when needed. Im sure the hotel wanst full when I was there and they put me in room right in front of where there were some works all day long shouting, talking and of course working. So resuming, a nap was IMPOSSIBLE!
Also, for the money you pay the least you'd expect is a breakfast included or a simple bottle of water in your room....but for my surprise none of those were available.
Would definitely try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Ask the reception if the floor youre staying is under refurbishment....otherwise be prepared for lou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

I sincerely apologize for any disappointments during your recent stay. If you would like to chat at all, I can be reached at 312-329-6995 and look forward to chatting with you.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Amazing lobby and check in area. There was a no problem checking in. I had a nice room with a small living room attached with huge windows. This place was huge like a mini city ,loads of guests but plenty of room. Bar was nice. I like the location, quiet and nice area around the river. Room was clean and quiet.Did not eat in the hotel as there are loads of choices near by

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate my birthday in Chicago as a little getaway. From our initial greeting and birthday wishes at the front desk to the helpful advice on dinner options near Second City to the surprise birthday card, champagne and strawberries when we arrived back to the room...we were wowed.

In addition to the service, the hotel location was perfect...just a short walk to anywhere we wanted to go...Michigan Avenue, Rush Street....

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to spend my 33rd birthday! Many thanks to the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. We will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: We had a junior suite and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

First off, Happy Birthday again! We are so appreciative of your business and you taking the time to share your feedback. It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to doing again very soon or for your 34th birthday!
Cheers!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference recently. The staff were very helpful - from the front desk to the room service. Everything ran like a well oiled machine, which is one of the pleasures of staying with a hotel group that knows exactly what they are doing. I had a room with the river view which was great.
The location of the hotel is good, and is about 400 metres from the beginning of the Magnificent Mile shops. It's not right on the mile, and guests need to know that they need to walk a little to get there.
And about a block away is a mall with a cinema and a pharmacy, which made staying there very convenient.

Room Tip: Riverside views. Although the other side is not bad.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel and convenient, central location. It was a pleasure to host you and thank you for taking the time to share your review. Come back and see us again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I regularly visit the Sheraton for trade shows and for an annual 'girls weekend' shopping trip with my daughter and friends. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location can't be beat-we love the veiws of the river, the lake and the city. The staff is what makes this location really outstanding-consistently great service, especially in the club lounge. I saw a previous reviewer comment negatively on the club lounge-he must have visited later in the evening. We found the selection to be excellent, with a wide array of appetizers in the evening (California rolls, quesadillas, veggies, cheese, dips) and Connie and Renee took wonderful care of us! Connie played mixologist and made special mocktails for our daughters and some fantastic creations for the grownups as well. Breakfast was pastries, breads, yogurts, fruit, juice and coffee. My only wish would be for them to add a couple of auto latte machines such as are found in other club lounges, so that I could have a latte, but that's a minor quibble.
The morning breakfast buffet is also excellent.
All in all we will definitely be back, this is our go-to hotel for downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

What amazing compliments, many thanks for your remarks! We strive to make your stay the best it can be and I'm thrilled to hear that everyone here was able to help host you. Also, thank you for the feedback. Please know we value your business and look forward to hosting you again soon. Safe travels!