“Convenient Location without the Price”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #73 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the 4th of July weekend and loved the location. The view from our window was perfect and we could see the Navy Pier. It's right downtown Chicago without the Chicago price. Also close to the metro which we used a lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Safe travels.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Great location, easy access.
The Sheraton Club is a good place to start your day, however it was very busy during my visit.
Tip- Take the stairs upstairs to enjoy the peace and quiet.

The front desk staff were great.
Due to a mix up the junior suite I had was not big enough to hold all the meeting attendees.
Nelson worked with me to make sure I had a larger suite before the meeting started. My compliments to Nelson for handling the situation,

People like Nelson make it a pleasure to stay at the Starwood Group Hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. Enjoy burgers on the river.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind remarks and on behalf of Nelson and our entire team, we are very grateful for your business. Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever do to make your stays more comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Windy City soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel is beautiful in every way. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The location in downtown with its phenomenal views of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan are outstanding. They offer convenient lists of nearby eateries divided by breakfast, lunch and dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay at this hotel. The bed was the most comfortable my wife and I have ever experienced in a hotel. Maxx, the Good Humor ice cream man sets up outside the hotel at night offering tasty, affordable ice cream treats.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with views of the river and lake are outstanding! We were on the 25th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing such compliments. I'm elated to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and can't wait to welcome you back with the same great service again soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

CREDIT CARD WARNING ! Nice hotel, great location, comfortable bed and pillows, room a little small. I would have given this hotel four stars. However, I don't like their credit card policy. I stayed five nights. I paid three nights in advance at check in using my corporate credit card. I then paid the last two nights later using my corporate credit card. At check in I had to leave a credit card for incidentials even though I didn't intend to use eat their snacks, drink their booze, or use their wifi. Since I had read reviews about "accidential" charges for incidentials I gave them my personal card for incidentials only. THERE WAS NO MENTION OF ADVANCE CHARGES. At checkout everything appeared good. All five nights paid for on my corporate credit card (about $1,250) and no charges for incidentials. When I got home from my trip I checked my credit card charges on the internet just to make sure all my charges in Chicago were OK. The first item I noticed was a Sheraton Chicago Hotel charge to my personal credit card for $857.71. Apparently they thought I was going to be hungry and thirsty. We immedicately called to see why my personal credit card was charged for $871.71. We were told to call back on Monday and talk to accounting. The excuse they gave was that the front desk girl ran my personal credit card first so the system automatically charged a minimum two night stay plus a percentage of what they think you'll spend. It's a good thing I wasn't close to my credit limit or I would have gotten a surprise when I went to use it for something else in Chicago. WHEN YOU CHECK INTO THIS HOTEL YOU BETTER HAVE A DETAILED DISCUSSION ABOUT THE MONEY THEY SUCK OUT OF YOUR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU HAND IT TO THEM. If your comfortable with that you'll love your stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

I sincerely apologize for the confusion from a billing perspective and at your earliest convenience I would love the chance to speak with you so that we can repair our relationship and ensure all billing discrepancies have been rectified. I can be reached at 312-329-6995 and look forward to chatting with you.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Every year, the "girls" in the family go on a Back-to-School shopping trip and we ALWAYS stay at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. We are never disappointed. The staff is professional, friendly and always eager to help you. The rooms are spotless, spacious and comfortable. This year, the room we stayed in had been completely remodeled and no expense was spared with the carpeting, bedding and furniture. I noticed a previous reviewer called the hotel "outdated." I would have to disagree. It's a very classy hotel and the decor is traditional with a bit of a contemporary flair. The location cannot be beat...close to Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile and State Street shopping. If you are the outdoor type, the hotel is located on the river and you can rent a bike or a kayak steps away from the hotel. Grant Park is also a very close walk. Try the Sheraton, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing such compliments and your loyalty. The annual girls shopping trip sounds so fun! I'm thrilled to hear you have enjoyed each experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Came here for location as it is central for so much of what I wanted in a short stay. Like cckidd276 below, had mixed messages about upgrade availabilities. Have been here many times but my eventual room was better than the past as I had a river view with a small aspect to the lake. It was also a good size room, far better than the hotel's New York equivalent.
Service was mixed - the front doorman said "you don't need any help do you sir" as I struggled in with a few suitcases. But once settled, enjoyed the hotel for what it offers.
Love the swimming pool and the club lounge.

Room Tip: River views are better
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review about your stay and your business in general. Thank you for the feedback, I will definitely pass that on to the appropriate team. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

During a quick trip to Chicago we booked the Sheraton for a Friday night. Surprised to get a room because of all the weddings , but thrilled to get in. The location is perfect- a block from the Mag Mile, very close to the lake, and in a safe part of the city. Highly recommend for anyone visiting from out-of-town, as it's close to great restaurants, attractions, etc... The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. (The beds are beyond comfortable.) Only thing I'd tell someone is be sure you don't take anything from the mini bar, as it's weighted, so as soon as you remove it, you'll be charged! At any rate, with a view overlooking the river, it was a fabulous stay and we'll certainly be back.

Room Tip: Get a view of the river!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are so appreciative of your business and you taking the time to share your feedback. It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to doing again very soon.