“BEST HOTEL IN CHICAGO”

Ranked #69 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
“BEST HOTEL IN CHICAGO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Excellent Hotel !!! From check in to check out everything was perfect!!! Location, Price, Amenities, and on. I stayed here 12 nights and enjoyed every night. I travel to Chicago for business very frequently and I must say that this hotel IS THE PLACE TO STAY!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view !!!! Fireworks Wednesday at 9:30
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are so appreciative of your business and you taking the time to share your feedback. It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to doing again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,353)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I thought the hotel was beautiful inside and out, the view was amazing from our room of the skyline and river. We were within walking distance of Michigan ave, Navy Pier, the Hancock Observatory. The staff were nice and helpful. Our 2 year old got sick overnight, and the woman who cleaned the room was genuinely concerned, got our room clean, and even brought my son a sprite and some crackers. Definitely above and beyond.
The burger restaurant was delicious. The breakfast at LB was great (but very pricey).
Parking was very expensive, and I didn't notice mention of it on their site at time of booking.
I was very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
First off, I hope your two year old is feeling better! On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind remarks and the opportunity to host you, we greatly appreciate it! We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton during a conference visit in Chicago. The hotel was very nice and full of hospitality. Spent three nights and enjoyed every one of them. The location is great, right on the Chicago river and views of Lake Michigan. Close to all amenities on the Magnificent Mile and easy walking distance to most attractions. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
We are so grateful for your glowing remarks and please know how much we appreciate your business. Looking forward to hosting you again very soon and keeping our excellent standard you've awarded us! Cheers!
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Attending a conference in Chicago and found the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers was 2 blocks from the conference, so it seemed like a perfect fit. I booked my reservations through the company site and did not really look at the hotel site until a week before my departure. From the website, the hotel seemed to have a real WOW factor. The pictures show a hotel that seemed to have great views and a majestic entrance. What I actually got was the OH factor.

The driveway to the hotel was dark as it is covered and the lobby was nice. It only took a few minutes for me to get checked in and I was in my room within 15 minutes of arrival. As I was going to my room, I found a large bag of dirty towels to the left of my room door. I thought they might be cleaning my room, but no one was around. I went into my room and found my view was of the hotel roof and the new construction going on across the road.

I also found my remote for the TV was broken and it was next to the TV in two parts. I had to call down to get this replaced. I decided to go for a walk and almost tripped on the bag of dirty towels. I moved it myself to get it out of the way. Still in the hallway, but not in anyone’s way for walking.

The room overall was comfortable, but the décor seemed a bit outdated. It had a coffee pot which was nice so I made coffee the next morning. I found no one had replenished the sugar, creamer or stir sticks, so I was stuck with black coffee. I figured I would get coffee at the conference.

In the process of getting ready I found an old bar of soap in the shower area from the person who had used the room before me. I took the time to remove this and it made me concerned that the shower was not clean. Not much I could do at this point so I got ready to go and headed out to the conference. As I left, remembering the bag of towels I looked and there it was, right where I had moved it the night before.

I came back to the hotel after day 1 of the conference and the bag of towels was finally gone. I went into my room and they had serviced my room and changed the linens but I found one of the pillow cases that I assume was pulled from my bed, had been laid over the food, ice and water I had purchased the day before. I moved the dirty linen all I could hope was this was from my room and not brought in from somewhere else. After the next cleaning, the pillow case was removed.

The staff was very nice and answered questions as they came up and my checkout process was very easy. Overall the hotel was nice but for the name and the price I paid, I would have expected a bit more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
I sincerely apologize for the confusion and disappointment during your recent stay with us. That is not at all the Sheraton way, so at your earliest convenience I would love the chance to speak with you so that we can repair our relationship and welcome you back to experience what we do stand for. I can be reached at 312-329-6995 and look forward to chatting with you.
El Segundo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

A wonderful weekend once again. This was the 6 time in 7 years that we have spend at the Sheraton for Mom's birthday. My daughter and I come in from California and Mom lives nearby.
We have never been disappointed. From the bellman to the housekeepers, the lobby to the rooms, everyone and everything is professional yet personal, friendly and accommodating. The Club Lounge is perfect for breakfast, the health club has a great view of Lake Michigan and the river.
We have always received special attention for our special time.
The staff made sure that we were comfortable at all times.
I have already booked our weekend for next year!

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the river are great. The junior suite for a family of 3 worked out perfect.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing such compliments and Happy belated birthday to your Mom! I'm elated to hear you have enjoyed each experience with us and can't wait to welcome you back with the same great service for your Mom's 87th! Safe travels!
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during the weekend of the Chicago Air and Water Show. We had booked and prepaid for our Club Level room back in March. We are SPG members. We had put a request in for early check in then, and had called a few days prior to our stay to confirm. At the time, I was told that there would be no problem. Day of check in we arrived about 12:30 and were told that our room was not ready, to go have lunch and we would be called. We did so, at the riverside cafe on sight. Very pleasant, nice view, limited menu...When we hadn't heard from anyone by 3:00, we decided to go back to the desk to see if we'd missed their call. This time, we were told the room still was not ready, and the suggestion was made for us to go to the Club Level lounge. Snacks consisted of a couple of apples, soda and water. We had to ask for ice. Finally, at 4:30, (30 minutes after regular check in time) we went back downstairs, stood in line, yet again, and finally received our room assignment. By the time that we got in the room and had our bags sent up, it was 5 o'clock. If we had been told 5 o'clock originally, we would have simply left our bags in storage and gone on our way. We felt like we wasted the whole afternoon....
It would seem that conventions are big business at this hotel and the average customer should take that in account.The rooms seem a little tired. The lobby, Shulas Restaurant, bar and riverside cafe are lovely. The hotel has a great location, however our experience left us VERY disappointed in the customer service here. For our next trip to Chicago, we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for any disappointments during your stay as we strive to make each stay enjoyable and exceed expectations. Should you want to address anything further, I can be reached at 312-329-6995. I look forward to chatting with you.
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

What a great hotel. The location is perfect with easy access to wonderful Chicago neighborhoods. We had come in to attend a wedding and had picked the hotel for the location. The lady at reception was very welcoming and set the tone for the rest of our stay. It is a nice mix of business travelers plus families on their vacations. It is a large hotel with a personal touch.....not easy to accomplish. The hotel is very well run. We would very much recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your business and positive accolades. It was a pleasure to host you and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon. Safe travels!