The Willows
Belair Hotel(Chicago)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,015 results
All reviewslincoln parkcontinental breakfastgreat neighborhoodlakeview neighborhoodquiet streethonor barhard boiled eggscozy hotelstay there againdepaul universitybrown linecubs gameparking garageolder hotelnice breakfastrestaurants and shopsnorth side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visiting family in Chicago I often try to mix it up a bit and stay in different neighborhoods. I enjoyed my stay at the Willows, especially for the great front desk staff (very attentive!) and the neighborhood flavor. Very comfortable, safe neighborhood, hotel has more of an apartment type vibe. Good area for walking, lots of ethnic restaurants (middle eastern especially!), but with traditional american diners in the mix for breakfast. We did a lot of walking, and to my delight one of my favorite Chicago restaurants was in walking distance: Sapori Trattoria.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The customer service was outstanding! I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff and people at The Willows were. They were always right where I needed, opening doors, finding me something at breakfast. They were terrific.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is a perfect oasis of calm and comfort away from the bustle of downtown Chicago. It is an attractive building in a quiet street, and the staff I encountered.could not have been more helpful and friendly. I had a good sized room which was equipped with everything I needed, in particular a really comfortable bed. Continental breakfast was included and the rate I paid was very reasonable given the amenities on offer. If you don't have a car, there are plentiful buses all around and the El station with a direct line to the Loop is no more than a 15 minute leisurely walk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed one night at The Willows and it was a very pleasant stay. I was upgraded at no charge to a King room. The room was large and spacious with a great bathroom. Better yet, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room was very quiet. I slept great! The hotel is nestled away in a neighborhood with alley access to a public parking ramp for $20 a day. I was able to walk to shopping and restaurants easily. There was an honor system for snacks and drinks in the room that had "honorable" prices. I only paid $1 for a bag of M&M's, that satisfied my late night sweet tooth!! Other hotels charge unreasonable prices for these snacking conveniences and I never touch them! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have stayed at the Willows many times. The staff is friendly and helpful. The neighborhood is great for restaurants and walking. Close to the Cubs as well. We enjoy it every time we have been there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple