“Lovely hotel in a charming neighbourhood”
Review of The Willows

The Willows
Ranked #77 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Willows. The staff were all incredibly friendly, helpful and accomodating. The location of the hotel, while not ideal for those wishing to concentrate on the Loop, is far from remote as the "El" train and various bus routes service the area. In the immediate vicinity of the hotel there are many restaurants, a Walmart, Trader Joe's and several pharmacies. And of course, Lincoln Park is within walking distance!
The lobby is gorgeous and homey with a lovely decor. I personally would have benefited from a small business centre in the hotel but for those travelling with smartphones or laptops, there was free Wifi.
My room was spacious and comfortable. The only issue I had during my stay was the noise coming from outside late at night and early in the morning. For some reason there were a lot of trucks seemingly loading and unloading goods and they made a bit of a racket. This may be remedied if you stay in a different part of the hotel though. Breakfast was good though I would have liked toast instead of bagels--a minor quibble. In short, I would happily come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not adjacent to the loading dock (or whatever the source of the early morning...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
marino44, Regional Manager at The Willows, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at the Willows Hotel in Chicago. It is pleasing to read your appraisal of the service and how you enjoyed our newly renovated accommodations and lobby. We are contacting our garbage pick up company to move there pick ups to the afternoon instead of the morning hours so it won't disturb our guest. I promise you will have toast the next time you visit.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Keith E. Scott
Regional Manager
broughtonHOTELS

There are newer reviews for The Willows

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have stayed at the Willows many times. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The king size bed and pillows were very comfy. The unlimited in and out self parking is very convenient. Hint: If you prefer a darker sleeping room, request one facing the street or on the left side as you face the hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms facing the street or on the left side as you face the hotel. They are darker at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank VJVickie
marino44, Regional Manager at The Willows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent visit to the Willows Hotel. I am delighted to read your appraisal of the comfort of our king bed and pillows as well as your kind comments regarding how helpful and friendly our team members were during your stay. We appreciate you staying with us and enjoying the new renovations to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Keith E. Scott
Regional Manager
broughtonHOTELS

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hotel staff go out of their way to be of assistance. Like to stay here when visiting my daughter. Breakfast is a nice selection before starting the day. Rooms are bigger than others I have stayed in in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank lori2560
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Visiting family in Chicago I often try to mix it up a bit and stay in different neighborhoods. I enjoyed my stay at the Willows, especially for the great front desk staff (very attentive!) and the neighborhood flavor. Very comfortable, safe neighborhood, hotel has more of an apartment type vibe. Good area for walking, lots of ethnic restaurants (middle eastern especially!), but with traditional american diners in the mix for breakfast. We did a lot of walking, and to my delight one of my favorite Chicago restaurants was in walking distance: Sapori Trattoria.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The customer service was outstanding! I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff and people at The Willows were. They were always right where I needed, opening doors, finding me something at breakfast. They were terrific.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is a perfect oasis of calm and comfort away from the bustle of downtown Chicago. It is an attractive building in a quiet street, and the staff I encountered.could not have been more helpful and friendly. I had a good sized room which was equipped with everything I needed, in particular a really comfortable bed. Continental breakfast was included and the rate I paid was very reasonable given the amenities on offer. If you don't have a car, there are plentiful buses all around and the El station with a direct line to the Loop is no more than a 15 minute leisurely walk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed one night at The Willows and it was a very pleasant stay. I was upgraded at no charge to a King room. The room was large and spacious with a great bathroom. Better yet, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room was very quiet. I slept great! The hotel is nestled away in a neighborhood with alley access to a public parking ramp for $20 a day. I was able to walk to shopping and restaurants easily. There was an honor system for snacks and drinks in the room that had "honorable" prices. I only paid $1 for a bag of M&M's, that satisfied my late night sweet tooth!! Other hotels charge unreasonable prices for these snacking conveniences and I never touch them! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo