The Drake, A Hilton Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
4,183 results
All reviewsthe palm courtcape cod roomcoq d'orclassic hotelfamily roomthe executive loungeoak street beachlake michiganthe magnificent milethe north endhistorical hotelold chicagoa lake view rooman older hotelthe gold coastjunior suiterush street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our trip was business and pleasure. This Hotel is very historic and absolutely beautiful. It is across the street from Lake Michigan with a long exercise trail and beach. It is right by Michigan Avenue with shopping. The Hotel's exercise rooms are great, with a cool temperature so you can work hard and lots of televisions. The Executive floor is wonderful. I want to go back soon and stay longer. The lobby is huge and beautiful. There is a sofa in several of the elevators. Very special place and great memories. The staff, ALL the staff, was friendly, polite and helpful. This is a step above other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kathryn D, Manager at The Drake, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you Lenny –Cindy for your review of your recent stay with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to do this and thank you for your acknowledgment of my team of staff. I am very proud of the service they provide. On behalf of my entire team and myself we look forward to see you again very soon for a longer stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

First time at The Drake. We wanted a location close to the lake. The location was perfect. The was small but worked ok for us. Loud hallways made it difficult to relax. The Palm Court bar was perfect for drinks and the staff was very well spoken on the area and history of the hotel. If money is not important then this is the place to be. We will consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for choosing the Drake for your recent visit to this area. On behaklf of myself and my team, we look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We love this classic Chicago hotel. We stay here every time we come through town, and it has become a home away from home for us. Some employees actually recognize us now and say "Welcome back." Which brings me to the following point: although thoroughly modern in all respects, the Drake is an old fashioned hotel in the best sense of the word. The employees are obviously loyal; we know a bellman who has been there 19 years, and he tells us that he knows several employees who have been there 40+ years. And I sense that the Drake reciprocates that loyalty to its workers. And that all translates to customer loyalty such as ours.

Room Tip: We've never had a bad room here whether it was on the lake or on the street. The walls and windows are so thick and tight, that street noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Phil A,

We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Drake Hotel, and you are right we have very loyal employees who some of them have been here for over forty years. I look forward to meet you upon your next your next visit. Please ask for me, or contact me at kathryn.m.day@hilton.com to assist you with your arrangements.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed in a suite on the Executive floor and had a fabulous time! Superb view of Oak Street beach and Lake Michigan. Breakfast and cocktail hour in the executive lounge were very relaxing. The complimentary breakfast and hors d'oeuvres were delicious and the service was excellent. Love the love seats in some of the elevators and the beauty of the lobby and hallways is classic. The Drake is in a premier location and easy to get to from the bus and subway lines. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kathryn D, Manager at The Drake, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear gweber17,

Thank you for your great review of your stay here at the Drake Chicago, especially the new and improved offerings in the Executive Lounge our Chef has just rolled out, the views from our hotel and our location.

On behalf of my entire team we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding and booked the gold coast suite.. Wow! Spacious with great views of the lake. Enjoyed the oversized jacuzzi tub both nights. Being on the 7th floor granted access to the executive benefits of free breakfast and nightly appetizers/drinks in upstairs executive lounge. Great perk. Wedding banquet room was absolutely breathtaking and the service/food was fabulous. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. Floral arrangements throughout hotel were gorgeous.

Room Tip: Executive floors are 7 and higher come with perks Room 750 has 2 person jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Christinamari71,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, your Gold Coast Suite and our Executive Lounge, the wedding you attended, and especially the service of my team of dedicated team.
We look forward to serve you again when you return to this area.