“2 night stay”

Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
Ranked #99 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 22 January 2014

wife and i stayed here as a layover in Chicago, we had 6 kids with us as well, the hotel is in a very convenient place very close to watertower place for great shopping. we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful advising us of various things to see and do and good places to eat, would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Florencio F, General Manager at Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location and that you found the staff to be “very friendly and helpful”. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Florencio Ferrao

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I'll TRY to keep this short,
I am a server, I am not rich, I don't go on a lot of vacations, but my girlfriends birthday is the day before New Years Eve and we wanted a nice trip to Chicago to visit one of her friends.
We chose the Millennium because it was part of a great package deal through Southwest.com.
We arrived (when our plane arrived) in the am, around 11. Not only did they allow us to check in but the lady at the desk was very friendly and upon hearing we were celebrating not only NYE but also Jessica's birthday, she gave us two drink tickets for free drinks to the martini bar in the hotel, without any prompting or complaining from us.
We also dealt with the Manager of rooms, Gus. There was mix up on the charge, and part of it was charged to the wrong card. Gus, not only quickly cleared up the issue but also went above and beyond, calling my bank directly to solve the problem and then called our room to make sure everything was all set. From Gus, to the nice lady at the front desk, to the person who got us coffee in the morning, to the Concierge who helped us multiple times, to the Bellman who brought our bags out to our cab for us and got us a cab when the valet outside failed to do so, we had an outstanding experience.

Again, the thing I can't emphasize enough is the fact that we were not big spenders, we were not rich, we were not in a 'suite' and yet we were treated excellent. Ive never had such an all around great experience at a hotel of this caliber. Thanks to the staff!

Room Tip: bathroom door is a 'fancy' sliding door, not super private… If you are on business.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We love to read the praises of our recent guests and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our dedicated staff greatly appreciates your kind comments. We hope that you had an enjoyable time in Chicago ringing in the New Year and celebrating your girlfriend’s birthday. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

As a first time visitor to Chicago I felt right at home staying at the Millenium Knickerbocker. The hotel was so neat and quaint, and dare I say quiet, which I prefer over noisy, heavily trafficked hotels. I wanted to stay someplace nearby major retailers and dining establishments, which the MKH, is right around the corner from the Magnificent Mile, so it was the perfect location for a guy like myself to go out and explore. I didn't spend a lot of time in my room # 301, but the time spent was a bed of ease; however, I wish the hotel had more of an expansive list of tv channels and free wifi. If you're looking for affordability convenience and quality, MKH is where you should stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Florencio F, General Manager at Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you felt “right at home” while staying at the hotel and that you enjoyed our central location. Please note that we do offer free WiFi in our lobby and mezzanine levels.

We hope that you’ll visit Chicago for a second time in the near future and stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed overnight here for a mini weekend getaway. The room was immaculate. The bed was comfy. The room was small, but not too small. The bathroom was very updated with a rain shower. It was a very comfortable room and we got it for a steal.

Room Tip: Great location if you're dining at the Signature Room at the Hancock Building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you chose to stay at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel for your mini weekend getaway and that you had a comfortable stay. We hope that you’ll stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

A beautifully decorated hotel. Spacious lobby. Nice little nooks with almost Victorian Style decorating that makes you feel at home, but also makes one feel the prestige associated with a 5 star hotel. Staff was extremely helpful. Help was much appreciated given that I had stayed at the MKH during my very first trip to Chicago (and the States). Concierge was extremely helpful in giving my dad and I directions, tips, and assistance re: securing tickets and getting to and from the hotel and the United Center for an Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Concert. Located perpendicular to the tail end of the Magnificent Mile. Located near many shopping spots, restaurants, and a number of historical landmarks. Ate breakfast at their restaurant ("Nix") a couple of times too and the food was value for money. If I ever do make it back to the Windy City, I am definitely going to stay at the MKH.

*Late review though, as I was at the MKH in June 2009*

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Florencio F, General Manager at Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. We greatly appreciate your positive comments about the concierge and are happy to hear that they helped make your stay even more enjoyable. My team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I recently stayed at Millennium Knickerbocker Dec 27th-Jan 5th and overall it met & in many ways exceeded my expectations. Super friendly staff who you really got to know Sam, Steven, Heirberto. Everyone was eager to help. In particular they were really flexible letting my girlfriend checking in when my flight was delayed (we were traveling from different locations).

The hotel has a certain charm and I would definitely recommend it over a Sheraton or Hilton if you want a more personalised Chicago experience. There are probably fancier, slicker hotels around but I don't think you will find many at the same price point with the same welcome & service.

The superior king was a good size and I thought great value for money for a city the size of Chicago. The location is great too right off the Magnificent Mile. While breakfast isn't included....this isn't a deal breaker as there are plenty of diners around (although free coffee would be nice) & the food in the hotel is decent also. The wifi in the lobby was strong & free - I still think its ridiculous that you need to pay 10 bucks a day for wifi in your room but this seems to be common for most U.S. hotels.

The only issue which left a sour note were the phone charge for usage of our hotel room phone - or rather the miscommunication around this. My girlfriend asked the front desk where/how she could make a long distance call & it was suggested that she could use a call card from our room phone - despite using the card on all calls we ended up with a bill for $300. I think cautioning against using any kind of phone card in future would be preferable as this (given the card was used & had not expired & was used for all calls - we are not that green!) I was pretty shocked to see these charges. I think there was an element of miscommunication here on the part of the front desk & some flexibility on this would have been appreciated. It was not to be.

This aside I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel & would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: I think the superior king is worth the extra few bucks. Ask for a street view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Your kind remarks about our team members are highly valued and I will make sure to share them with the rest of our staff.

Comments like yours enable our continuous pursuit of improvement in our services and facilities. I will certainly address the concern regarding communication about calling card charges with the head of the pertaining department.

We hope that you had a wonderful trip to Chicago and thank you again for sharing your review.

General Manger

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Due to the Amtrak trains being cancelled, I was forced to spend 3 more days in Chicago. I had always wanted to stay at the Millennium Knickerbocker, so I left my first hotel to go to this one.

Upon entering the hotel I was impressed with the beautiful decor. This is definitely a world-class hotel. The check in was friendly and efficient. I was sent up to room 402 which was nicely appointed. The room was very comfortable. It's not as large as some people have accustomed to, but if you're used to European hotels you will find this one nice and spacious. The bathroom was beautiful and the rain shower was a nice touch (though it takes forever to get hot water and the water pressure leaves some to be desired). The bath amenities were a nice touch as well. The room was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. Not a smudge nor a stray hair in the room. The room was quiet and I am sad that I had to leave.

The location is absolutely perfect. I cannot stress how much I loved it. It's steps away from Water Tower Place and the Contemporary Art Museum,

I ate at the restaurant a total of 3 times: twice for breakfast and once for lunch on my last day. The service was excellent and the food was very delicious as well.A nice touch to the perfect stay.

As I said in my title, this is my new favorite hotel in Chicago. You feel special the moment you arrive until the sad moment where you have to leave. I can't say enough good things about this spectacular hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nogentais1986

Dear Guest,

We love to read the praises of our recent guests and we thank you for taking the time from your day to share your experience. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from the room to our location and the Nix restaurant to our “excellent” service. We hope that you return soon and stay at your “new favorite hotel in Chicago”.