The Talbott Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Room Service
US$424
US$357
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
3,219 results
All reviewsapple tvtalbot hotelthe gold coastone bedroom suiterush streetthe magnificent mileturn down servicesmall hotelmichigan avenueroom was largethe entire staffwonderful hoteltwo blocksthe location is perfectthe miracle milewater towerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I found this hotel in the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World" booklet having stayed in many of these in recent years, and they were indeed above and beyond average hotels. I therefore chose it for a 4 night stay while visiting from England. The Talbott was excellently located, although i had a view of a building site, and did have an ambience and some charm, however it was a little dirty and faded around the edges and the service was appalling. I had to wait in the foyer well after check in time, having previously attempted to check in earlier, tired and in need of a rest, while a "final check" was done to my room. The valet parking was not outside when requested, breakfast was not included in the price, all the things requested of reception did not occur, and there were very few touches which make a hotel stay special. I have stayed in hotels which are so much more elegant, where the staff and service are first rate for half the price of this hotel. I was severely disappointed and cannot recommend it at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank sarahloul
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We were sent here due to the original hotel we had booked no longer could accommodate us due to the Chicago Bulls team winning a game and staying there (50+ rooms were excused for the Bulls over this weekend from the Sutton Place Hotel). The Talbott is second to none! They treat you as if you are family. The bellman and desk staff were fantastic. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. We had breakfast room service one morning during our stay and it was great. We wished they would have had some type of small breakfast for the other mornings but we managed. Chocolates were on our pillows each night...so sweet. The rooms were very nice, clean, roomy, and comfortable. We are so thankful we were placed at the Talbott and will definitely be returning for our next Chicago visit!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mandy1227
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Boutique hotel in the Old English Style. Very well kept and clean. Also good location close to Mich. Av. and Hancock Tower. Large and nicely decorated room with efficient AC and comfortable beds. No streetnoise (10th floor). Could hear people talking in the corridor though. No views. The bathtub is so shallow as to be almost useless and the shower rather weak. Staff is polite, but not many smiles. No breakfast buffet. Only a la carte. The gym is not in the building. They will provide you with a daypass for a facility located i another building several blocks away, so it will not be used by many. On the bright side there is free wireless internet, albeit at reduced speed compared to paying cistomers. It was perfectly stable and adequate for my use though.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank dobon
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Let me start by saying that I had my first trip to Chicago 2 months ago. I loved it so much that I just had to go again. So we decided on a girls trip and I got to pick the hotel. The Talbott won me over. The good stuff...Beautiful hotel! Great location for shopping. The 2 queen bedroom was spacious enough for the 4 of us. The service was out of this world!
Not so impressed wih the bathrooms. No wow factor. There is no city view from the windows. I knew that before hand but was not expecting to see people in their rooms in the next building.There is a little bit of construction going on at the hotel.
We did not try the hotel restaurant or the firness center. Will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Angela4997
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We spent a long weekend in Chicago celebrating my partner's birthday with friends. As all previous reviewers have stated, The Talbott delivered on all levels. Clean, friendly, elegant but relaxed, and large nicely decorated rooms. If there is one flaw with the hotel (and very slight), don't expect any grand views of the city. It sits mid-block surrounded by taller buildings. But it's location and comfort far outweigh the view out the window.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple