“Great Location, Great Hotel!”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #10 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in this great hotel. Very cozy. Great service and beautiful building! The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bar was a nice place to meet up with friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a must stay boutique hotel. I visited the hotel with 3 girl friends for a girls reunion and shopping weekend in December . From the minute we arrived the staff was on the top of their game and the hotel was filled with charm. The room was large enough for 4 of us and nicely finished. The cozy lobby, with it's fireplaces, was delightful for a pre dinner glass of wine. The bellman took excellent care of us and the location was perfect for Chicago shopping. All the feeling of a top notch hotel without the attitude. It will be my new Chicago treasure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alice073
Reviewed 1 January 2014

So beautiful, warm and cozy....have stayed here for many years. Always love it. Have only once been offered an upgrade which is kind of a disappointment as I have come here twice a year for probably over a decade. I feel a little slighted. Still I love it. Inviting rooms with beds that coddle you and bathrooms that spoil you. Lovely outside dining. Miss the Bice Restaurant terribly but the sidewalk café is still a beautiful place to enjoy an afternoon or a balmy evening

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pinot8noior
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I return to The Talbott once a year during the holidays. Again, they surpassed my expectations. Excellent service, spotlessly clean rooms and a great location made for a wonderful place to spend the holidays. For an old-school hotel experience, you can't beat The Talbott. Ask for an executive deluxe or the one bedroom suite to really enhance your experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe king or a one-bedroom suite to add a bit more luxury to your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and our 7 year old keep coming back to this great hotel. We've stayed at most of the hotels on and next to Michigan Avenue and this is my preferred hotel. First, it's not a large hotel and you feel a bit like you are visiting an English boutique hotel, with the great personal attention to detail to match. Second the rooms are wonderfully large, they almost always give me a complimentary upgrade if available and the beds are just wonderful to sleep on. As in: you might think about snoozing a little longer instead rushing out to the magnificent mile for class A shopping. But when you do wonder out the door you are right behind 900 north Michigan avenue, a great shopping mall (love Galt toys) and of course right across from the John Hancock and the Water Towers, ie right where I want to be. This is all on top of the fact that this little hotel is priced right. Yes, a little more than Travelocity's daily deal, but honestly the extra $40, I think, is worth every penny. I'm sad to hear they are pulling out of small leading hotel affiliation, but such won't stop us from coming back. Thank you Talbot for another great time in my favorite city.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at the Talbot November, 2013. It was a wonderful experience. The location is prime. The rooms are well appointed. The staff was outstanding. The restaurant was very good. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank marywithani
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Okay - I realize I may be the only reviewer to comment on the lighting fixtures in the elevators BUT - you won't believe the sparkle on those lovely things. I've never (and I mean never) seen any hotel with such sparkle throughout. This includes: the elevators, the bathrooms, the restaurant. I realize the restaurant is actually a separate entity but the mirrored walls sparkle like everything else. I actually sat down at the concierge table to ask him WHAT in the world they use. And he found out for me. (I'll be ordering some). Okay, beside all that. We had a lovely experience at The Talbott all around. It was very easy to find, just off State St. As I travel with my very cool autistic son, I called as we were getting close and was told our room was ready, even though it was only maybe 3 pm. I told them that we sometimes have trouble waiting around a hotel lobby and they said all they'd need to do is swipe a card and we'd be in our room. So I let my son walk in ahead and hand them the card and 2 seconds later we were off to our suite which was huge huge. Huge living room and bath - the bedroom quite a bit smaller but fine. We didn't get to sit by the fireplaces in the lobby but still they were lovely and added nice ambiance even walking through. The restaurant was great for breakfast (included with our rate) but it doesn't have the ambiance in my opinion to make it a 'dinner' place. Perfect for breakfast though and maybe a very casual lunch. We did try to stop in the bar area for a glass of wine before heading off to dinner elsewhere and the bartender was efficient but not particularly engaging. Oh well. To close, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone - I think it would meet and exceed any expectations, whether business, family, girls weekend. Anything. Also the location is more than ideal - walking distance to Michigan Ave but distinctively more quiet. Just great.

Room Tip: Truly get the King Suite
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family