The Talbott Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
3,205 results
All reviewsapple tvtalbot hotelthe gold coastone bedroom suiterush streetthe magnificent mileturn down servicesmall hotelmichigan avenueroom was largethe entire staffwonderful hoteltwo blocksthe location is perfectthe miracle milewater towerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel has a really NICE problem. It is impossible to find one member of staff who outshines all the others. No matter what you want or when you want it you always get an immediate and cheerful response. We have never met a more happier bunch of people at work. Everything about the hotel is nice; decor, comfort, cleanliness, location. We are re- scheduling our next years holiday to visit again. You are foolish to go anywhere else looking for better quality.
Jean & Ken Bell-Davis

Room Tip: We only have knowledge of one room. It was a twin bedded room and really lovely with lots of space
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

From our first arrival to our departure, every experience was perfect. My 11 year old niece absolutely loved this hotel. We were treated as honored quests and all recommendations were "spot on." I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here the next time I visit Chicago.
Very near John Hancock Tower and Water Tower.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view, if this is important to you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie O
Reviewed 14 April 2014

For me, tripadvisor isn't about writing reviews, although I make a point to do so; it's about sharing the honest experiences of other travelers who provide information that helps me make decisions. The Talbott Hotel is probably the prime example of this. I completely relied on tripadvisor to help me choose where we would stay in downtown Chicago for a long weekend, and, as usual, the amalgamation of reviews was "spot on". The Talbott was rated highly and our experience mirrored that of many travelers. From our arrival by car on a Friday afternoon until our departure Sunday morning, we felt welcomed. The staff was "high class" and friendly without being stuffy. The lobby was warm and inviting - small enough that we actually made use of it several times compared to many other hotels where the lobby is "just something we walked through".

The rooms were large (but not "spacious" - see photos) and VERY clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was QUIET. Both nights, we had an undisturbed, restful night's sleep. The bathroom was on the large side for a hotel, and well appointed. Our room had a desk with chair and "free" wireless was offered as part of the room cost.

Compared to the room rates for many downtown Chicago hotels, especially for "what we got," the Talbott was a very good value - - I wouldn't go so far as to say it "was a steal" but a great value indeed.

The bar, off of the lobby, was a great place to relax.

Probably the only downside was that we had hoped to walk to many of the "tourist" areas of Chicago - Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and the aquarium but the temperature was cold enough that we either needed to take a taxi or a car to our destinations. In retrospect, I would certainly make the same choice.

So, thanks to my fellow reviewers for helping me find this great hotel. I'd recommend it highly, as well!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DStepnick
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I picked the hotel because it was highly rated on Trip Advisor and was in a central location between Michigan Avenue and State, two major thoroughfares in downtown Chicago. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and helpful. The doorman, Perry, gave great advice and arranged to have a mini fridge brought up because we were staying for a week. I was nursing an injury and the staff gladly brought ice up everyday. The room was great, had a Mac and included wireless.

The concierge service was especially helpful and gave great ideas and directions for food and activities. Roana suggested the Backroom music club so we could listen to music without going too far. Gene gave a lot of great restaurant suggestions based on where we happened to be at night.

We will definitely be staying at this location again on our next visit.

Room Tip: If possible, stay on a higher floor to avoid the street noises in the early morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Well, it has been a long time since I was impressed by a US hotel. At this price, it is a bargain.

Very well located, 5 minutes walk from the red line Chicago station, and 10 minutes walk from Michigan Avenue. Nice welcoming lobby, nice restaurant as well. This boutique hotel offers great rooms, with turndown service (first time in the US!) and local little chocolates on your bed in the evening. Our bathroom had a nice bath tub and a seperate shower (be mindful of the little slope when it is wet...). Room is equipped with a Mac which is very convenient.

Staff was nice and quick to respond to your needs. Internet was free and fast.

Only downside is there is no gym. You have access to a private gym but it is not located just across the street. Not convenient at all. Already difficult sometimes to get the motivation, this isn't helping ;)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple