“Wonderful Chicago getaway”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have stayed at the Talbott Hotel several times. It never disappoints. It is an oasis in the middle of a very busy city. Every member of the staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful. They take the time to give you information about your room and the city. It is centrally located to Lincoln Park, Water Tower Place, Wrigley and any other downtown area of the city. We love it here.
On this trip, my husband was recovering from knee surgery and was on crutches and in a brace. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we were in a room that provided for his safety while moving around. We are grateful that there are places that still provide such a high level of service and always do it with a smile. Many thanks to the staff for all their help.

1  Thank 2waveriders
Write a ReviewReviews (3,005)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I (we) have stayed at the Talbott a number of times over the years and have to say it is one of my favorites in any city I visit. From the time the doorman opens your door, front desk reception and bell service to room; you know you are in the right place. We were traveling with our 16 year old daughter and opted for a suite with an adjoining room (903+904) and it worked out perfectly. The location of the hotel is very convenient and we walked everywhere to see the sites, shop, and dine. There are many places to stay in this great city, the Talbott is my choice.

PS: they also have a great restaurant / bar attached with room service. And health club access.

2  Thank Mullettlk
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at The Talbot while being in Chicago for just one night. I was anticipating a lovely stay and my expectations were not met. The room was very nice - quite spacious for an urban location but... the service and the amenities fell short. I was in town for a medical procedure and chose a smaller, boutique hotel so I would be in a more gracious, personal environment. When we checked in, the concierge asked about dinner reservations. I mentioned that I would not be up to eating so he said I could find soup at a place a couple of blocks away. I thought he would offer to send up some soup...but, that's OK. Then, I needed some ice. Only available through room service. The dinner we ordered through room service was mediocre at best. They did not have Pinot Grio by the glass so we needed to order a bottle. Every part of the experience was just not quite on target. Next time, we will choose another property. It could be a great place but needs lots of improvements in their basic services.

4  Thank incognitodiva
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Such a great hotel! My husband, daughter and I stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago to participate in Bike the Drive. Everyone was so accommodating. Charles, the doorman, was especially helpful storing our bikes for us. We were upgraded to a suite. The spacious room was immaculate , so inviting. My 10 year old daughter especially enjoyed the Apple TV. We have stayed at the Talbott before and always find the people to be helpful and professional. Gene, the concierge, was able to get us tickets at the last minute for an architectural boat tour. Overall a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel and staff were fantastic. Everyone was friendly and helpful, especially the Concierge Staff. We had a wonderful first-time visit to Chicago and hope to return soon! Such a beautiful city. We enjoyed the CAF river boat tour and bus trip to Oak Park and waling tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's home, studio, neighborhood, and Unity Temple.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Professional and helpful staff. The room was large and well appointed. The valet service was quick so no issue parking the car as the hotel is located centrally in Chicago. Very nice for any length of stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor H
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is a no brainer. Stay here. It does't get any better. The Talbott is is full of wonderful luxuries. However, it is the individuals at the Talbott that make it so great. Each person, no matter what position they have, offers incredible hospitality and information. I had many an elevator ride with individuals that take care of the cleaning and every time they asked how my day was. Every time I came back to the hotel Kurtis at the desk or Perry out front welcomed me back and asked how my day was. Both Tim and Gene offered wonderful concierge service. They offered their personal preferences as well as thing my family and I were interested in. In all of the hotels throughout the world that I have stayed in, the Talbott provided the best serve I have ever experienced. I will stay in this hotel every time I am in Chicago. If it does not have any rooms available I will reschedule the trip in order to stay here. It is that good. After checking out, my wife realized she had left her cardigan at the hotel. I called Gene and they had found it and sat it aside. He immediately mailed it to us free of charge. The wonderful service continued after our stay had ended. This place is so good. Don't look any further. Just stay here.

Room Tip: Deluxe King Room