“Wonderful Hotel!!”

Ranked #12 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful Hotel!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Absolutely love this hotel. Rooms are large, very nice. The location is perfect, just a couple blocks from Michigan Avenue. The staff is fantastic, so friendly. I will not stay anywhere else when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SDstl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed in The Talbott for a weekend with my family. The hotel was recommended to us by friends who have stayed there on many occasions. The location is great, the rates were in line with the accommodations, and the room was beautiful and super clean. Beds were very, very comfy.
On my first morning in the hotel, I went for a great run along the lake and returned early. While waiting for the elevator, the Concierge (Gene) got my attention and asked (using my name) "isn't it your wife's birthday today?" I was shocked to be recognized and called by name, but even more shocked that he knew my wife's birthday (especially because it had slipped my mind). After agreeing with him, he mentioned that the hotel wanted to send a gift up. My chin dropped to the ground.
Ten minutes later, a tray of gourmet nuts and candy with a birthday balloon were delivered to my wife in the room. She was so surprised and impressed.
Later, I went down to thank Gene. He smiled and waved it off with professional grace and simply stated "that's what we do."
We had an awesome weekend and could not have enjoyed ourselves more. Everything about Chicago is great, but this hotel is something special. Thank you, Gene!

Chicago
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment I checked in I felt at home, everything was perfect and the staff was so friendly I needed some pads and the maid Carmesha went to her locker to personally bring me some which was the nicest thing ever & she gave me extra chocolates lol! This is the only hotel we will stay in whenever we visit Chicago... Thumbs up all the way

Stayed June 2014
Moraga, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Talbott Hotel last week for 5 nights and were very pleased. The staff is warm and friendly to a person with exceptional service from the Doormen. The hotel is charming, up-to-date and beautiful. Location is great, Beds are great. We recommend it very highly and will stay there again. It gave us a sweet respite from the busy sightseeing we were doing everyday.

Room Tip: Our room faced Delaware Place but was was very quiet. We were on the 15th floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dianne C
Vancouver
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Reserved upon recommendation of a friend. Room was quiet, comfortable and large. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Outdoor eating area connected to the restaurant next door is fun. My only issue was slow elevators.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a gem in the midst of north Michigan avenue. Room was spacious very clean and up to date. Staff was friendly and extremely courteous (not a snotty one encountered :)).
thank you Talbott Hotel for making our two day family getaway to Chicago a pleasure.

Room Tip: No pool. From what I know all rooms have a goo view
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Loved this hotel. great, attentive service. good location just a couple blocks from N. Michigan ave. huge room, comfortable bed, wifi. would stay here again. Some niceties such as heated bathroom's. I highly recommend it.