“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Beverly Hills, CA
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our stay was extra nice because I somehow received a complimentary upgrade to a suite. The room would have been a good value even at double the rate I paid.

Comfortable bed, spacious sitting room, and a nice bathroom with two sinks across from each other.

Other than dated decor, everything in the room was great. The service was better than some five star hotels. From housekeeping, to the door, to the front desk they really seemed to care about our stay.

The location is great for shopping and restaurants. In nice weather you can walk just about anywhere you'd want to go. And walking is the best way to see a city!

I will definitely stay at the Talbott again!

1 Thank cariesax

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked my reservation based on the glowing reviews for this hotel. Our stay was excellent . . . from the impressive entrance, to the staff, to housekeeping, to the bellhop . . . everything was perfect. Spacious room, comfortable beds and pillows, a Keurig machine, free wi-fi and computer. Great location. I will definitely stay there on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bonnie51942
New Paris, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We just got back from a two day stay at the Talbott and were blown away by the customer service and room. From the time we exited the taxi, Dewayne the Doorman was there to assist with the luggage, greet us, and escort us to the front desk. I had booked a one bedroom suite and requested a higher floor; we got there around 11:15 and our room wasn't ready which was not a problem. We sat outside for some lunch and decided to check again. Derius at the Front desk said they had a room but it was on the 4th floor which I decided to take and I am glad I did. We had a great corner room with trees outside and good view. Noise from the street was not a problem at all. We had a problem with the tv remote and five minutes after calling someone was there to fix the problem. The turndown service is great with the curtains drawn, bed turned down, chocolates and tv remote on pillow and bathroom refreshed. You can tell the staff like what they are doing. Area is great- close to Michigan Ave, lots of flowers and trees and noisy (at least for Chicago). Will definitely stay there again. Ask Dewayne the Doorman for places to eat his picks were great.

Room Tip: We loved our corner room 401, noise was not a problem
1 Thank debkay27
Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel provides the best service, respect and satisfaction. This is the place to be treated like royalty.The hotel has several floors and the elevators are quiet and quick. The service is wonderful. The people at the front desk are friendly and offered information about local restaurants, stores and entertainment. Every time I went past the front desk, I was greeted with a smile. Great customer service!

The rooms are decorated well and furnished with beautiful furniture. I couldn't get over the large TV, which can be used as a computer. Digital thermostat. Bathroom had 2 sinks. Nice size.

Conference room was neat and spacious.

One evening during my stay, I called the front desk for assistance with the computer/TV that was in my room. Someone was at my door within 5 minutes. The person was swift and very helpful.

The housekeeping staff are great! The housekeeper offered to close my drapes, pull my blankets back and provided delicious chocolate candy each night as a treat during my 3 day stay.

Here is an example of customer service I experienced: One evening someone across the hall had ordered room service and I heard the person say "wow that was fast". Then, the gentleman who brought the food waited at the elevator with me to go downstairs. He greeted me and offered me the opportunity to get on the elevator first. When we arrived to the lobby, he then stood aside and let me get off the elevator first. Such a great gentleman!

This is the place to be as far as local attractions. There is a local restaurant within the hotel and plenty outside of the hotel. Magnificent mile is within walking distance. Take some time to visit the lake and ride the famous Ferris wheel.

This hotel is one of the best and worth the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Tajavien
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the Talbott Hotel this past weekend for a family trip to Chicago. It was our first time in the city, and the folks at the Talbott Hotel made us feel welcome from the time we pulled up to the front curb. The staff at the front desk greeted us with a smile every time we passed by during our many trips to and from our room. Our one-bedroom suite was very clean and comfortable and was just the right size for our family of four. The twice daily housekeeping service, including turn-down service in the evening (with chocolates on the pillows!), was excellent! The concierge was extremely helpful and gave us useful information to navigate the shopping and restaurants. Dwayne was a great help in getting us checked out and packed up for our trip home. You can tell that the staff there cares about doing their jobs well, it shows! Everything went smoothly during our stay. We would definitely come back to the Talbott Hotel!

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor, it's quiet to help you get a good night's rest.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recommend this place. As you can see in others' reviews, this place is great.
The room was huge and the bathroom was nice too.
They have the best body wash/ lotion!!!
I stayed two different types of rooms. They both were great!!!!

Tips:
I recommend the future tourists to book this hotel by using Orbitz or other websites.
I wanted to extend my stay in Chicago, so I told the hotel. The front desk staff said it was over 300 dollars per night (you can find better deals on other "legible"websites)
Everything was perfect except for ROOM SERVICE
I ordered room service maybe 4-5 times. Very EXPENSIVE (not even delicious.....frankly terrible )

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ellee S
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This boutique hotel is located in the heart of the Gold Coast and walking distance from EVERYTHING. The service is amazing and the restaurant in the hotel is great, with a beautiful outside patio. Room service is delivered promptly directly from the restaurant all day and late night. The hotel takes pride in being a "green" hotel and if you set the thermostat to turn off when you leave the room, the hotel will reimburse you for one month of your home's energy footstamp.

1 Thank Yvonne C