“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #7 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Birmingham
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We brought our 3 children to Chicago for the first time. Originally booked at the Marriott closer to the lake, I'm so glad we switched to the Talbott! It was less expensive and infinitely more special. Beautiful and elegant, it's small like a European hotel. The staff is perfectly attentive. They suggested several local and delightful restaurants. The location is central and convenient. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Katiecatou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
Orinda, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed three nights and I absolutely loved this place. I was upgraded to the bedroom suite which was very roomy and comfortable. This is the cleanest hotel I have every stayed at. I was on the 9th floor and it was very quiet. Everyone was very friendly. I will stay again. Had breakfast at the Mercadito Fish, sat outside. It was very relaxing and their homemade jam was delicious.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank devet
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I met my sister for my birthday. She came for a business trip. The hotel new I was coming, had my key and and info waiting for me. No view. Bed and pillows very comfy. First time in Chicago for me. Staff so great and helpful. Location is fantastic. Every person at the hotel is terrific. I mentioned to the conceriage that it was my birthday, when we got back from dinner there was a note and a box of truffles in the room for me. Nice touch. I highly recommend this boutique hotel. I would come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor, with no view, but it was quiet. There was no sunlight because it was fa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin S
Beverly Hills, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our stay was extra nice because I somehow received a complimentary upgrade to a suite. The room would have been a good value even at double the rate I paid.

Comfortable bed, spacious sitting room, and a nice bathroom with two sinks across from each other.

Other than dated decor, everything in the room was great. The service was better than some five star hotels. From housekeeping, to the door, to the front desk they really seemed to care about our stay.

The location is great for shopping and restaurants. In nice weather you can walk just about anywhere you'd want to go. And walking is the best way to see a city!

I will definitely stay at the Talbott again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cariesax
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked my reservation based on the glowing reviews for this hotel. Our stay was excellent . . . from the impressive entrance, to the staff, to housekeeping, to the bellhop . . . everything was perfect. Spacious room, comfortable beds and pillows, a Keurig machine, free wi-fi and computer. Great location. I will definitely stay there on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bonnie51942
New Paris, IN
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We just got back from a two day stay at the Talbott and were blown away by the customer service and room. From the time we exited the taxi, Dewayne the Doorman was there to assist with the luggage, greet us, and escort us to the front desk. I had booked a one bedroom suite and requested a higher floor; we got there around 11:15 and our room wasn't ready which was not a problem. We sat outside for some lunch and decided to check again. Derius at the Front desk said they had a room but it was on the 4th floor which I decided to take and I am glad I did. We had a great corner room with trees outside and good view. Noise from the street was not a problem at all. We had a problem with the tv remote and five minutes after calling someone was there to fix the problem. The turndown service is great with the curtains drawn, bed turned down, chocolates and tv remote on pillow and bathroom refreshed. You can tell the staff like what they are doing. Area is great- close to Michigan Ave, lots of flowers and trees and noisy (at least for Chicago). Will definitely stay there again. Ask Dewayne the Doorman for places to eat his picks were great.

Room Tip: We loved our corner room 401, noise was not a problem
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debkay27
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel provides the best service, respect and satisfaction. This is the place to be treated like royalty.The hotel has several floors and the elevators are quiet and quick. The service is wonderful. The people at the front desk are friendly and offered information about local restaurants, stores and entertainment. Every time I went past the front desk, I was greeted with a smile. Great customer service!

The rooms are decorated well and furnished with beautiful furniture. I couldn't get over the large TV, which can be used as a computer. Digital thermostat. Bathroom had 2 sinks. Nice size.

Conference room was neat and spacious.

One evening during my stay, I called the front desk for assistance with the computer/TV that was in my room. Someone was at my door within 5 minutes. The person was swift and very helpful.

The housekeeping staff are great! The housekeeper offered to close my drapes, pull my blankets back and provided delicious chocolate candy each night as a treat during my 3 day stay.

Here is an example of customer service I experienced: One evening someone across the hall had ordered room service and I heard the person say "wow that was fast". Then, the gentleman who brought the food waited at the elevator with me to go downstairs. He greeted me and offered me the opportunity to get on the elevator first. When we arrived to the lobby, he then stood aside and let me get off the elevator first. Such a great gentleman!

This is the place to be as far as local attractions. There is a local restaurant within the hotel and plenty outside of the hotel. Magnificent mile is within walking distance. Take some time to visit the lake and ride the famous Ferris wheel.

This hotel is one of the best and worth the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business