“Exceeded Grand Expectations”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #19 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 5 August 2014

On arrival and throughout our stay, the staff were brilliant. Curtis on the desk was full of life and shared a laugh with us daily. The surroundings and fit out were very classy and everything was presented beautifully. The in room Apple control centre (including full computer facility with wireless keyboard) is a great addition to any room was very welcome to travellers who wanted to research their itinerary each day. The room, a king luxury deluxe, was very well appointed had very comfortable furnishings all in very good condition. The restaurant and bar serve great food and the chilli cocktail from the bar is surprisingly awesome. We loved the Talbot and on our return to Chicago, we will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a Delaware facing room, to avoid a room facing the service ally which can be a bit noisy ear...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,109)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had never been to Chicago before I went to a conference there in July. The attendees were all booked into The Talbott. I had a very large room on the top (16th) floor. View not great, but the room had a very comfortable king bed, a couch and matching chair, TV (never turned it on), writing desk and chair, large bathroom with great big Egyptian cotton towels, a large closet and small personal safe. I hurt my knee while at the conference (in another location), and the helpful staff provided me with a mound of ice and extra bags so I could ice it. As usual, I lost my keys, and they were very graceful about it. There was a very nice-looking fish restaurant on the first floor, but I didn't try it. It would have been nice if there were a few more outlets close to the bed so I could plug in both my CPAP machine and my phone within reach of the bed. It was an easy walk to the lakeshore from the hotel, and less than a mile to the Chicago River for the architectural cruise that we fit in around our meetings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Talbott based on reviews here. It was a great stay! Staff was very pleasant. This was our first visit to Chicago. Hotel staff was helpful with directions and recommendations. Rooms very nice and clean. Hotel location was walking distance to great restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Thank you to the Talbott Hotel Staff. From our curb-side experience to luggage handing to consierge through the entire stay, we had an excellent experience. At the north end of the Magnificent Mile, food and entertainment choices were excellent. Our family had touch-points with the staff and each touch-point was very positive.
Thank you Talbott Hotel staff for your wonderful service on our stay this weekend!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmastroi
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Visiting Chicago to see my son for the 2nd time in as many months, we decided to move to another part of town. My parents recommended the Talbott and were they "spot" on. The front desk staff were very pleasant and upgraded us to a 1 br suite (maybe because my wife's a travel agent, not sure). This boutique hotel was gorgeous, well maintained, quiet and excellent value. Beautiful lobby, restaurant, bar and the rooms are "sweet". All staff were very friendly and helpful with any questions. Bellman Dwayne, exceptional. It's in the middle of the nicest part of Chicago with restaurants and shopping, the beach and all within walking distance. They also give you day passes to one of the nicest gyms/spa Equinox, right around the block. Try it, you'll like it! I'd go back here in a heartbeat and will recommend this to anyone who asks.
5 star.

Room Tip: If you can afford to get the 1 br suite, it's a really good value compared to anything else, GET...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulD3NYC
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I appreciated the renovation of this property, which was done well. the room was beautiful with one of the best bathrooms that I have seen - real towels! It was a perfect location for downtown, and the price was fair.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelly E
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Talbot is a well-located hotel in the Gold Coast. Room are generously sized and very comfortable. Décor is a bit of the frumpy/dated side, but amenities are great and rooms are very well kept. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and accommodating. Doormen are a delight. The street facing lobby level restaurant (with a nice sidewalk seating area in good weather) is fish/seafood oriented, but is also open for breakfast. Staff at the restaurant are also very nice. Would certainly stay here again. Keep an eye out for specials, often promoted on Jetsetter.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple