“Loved our stay, can't say enough good things!”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #10 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We came downtown to celebrate our anniversary. From the minute we walked in the door we were well taken care of. The staff was very friendly & helpful & the rooms were wonderful! The special price drew us in initially but the amenities will bring us back.
The rooms were spacious, clean, well decorated. Best value for a GREAT hotel in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank redtulip99

Reviewed 24 February 2010

Just stayed at the Talbott based upon the review on TripAdvisor stating it was one of the top hotels of the year. I'm happy to say it did live up to the reviews and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms were very spacious...such a plus when you usually get the cramped rooms with two beds and little room to walk around. The room was very clean. Turn down service with chocolates on the pillow each night. Bathroom had these wonderful heaters under the sink that kept the room toasty when you wanted it. And lastly, it was really the little touches of the staff that just made it very nice. Front check in desk was friendly and accomodating. Gene in Conceirge was such a help and a real friendly guy too. And lastly, the location is perfect. About a block off Michigan Ave and right near everything! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank XOITALY
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I found this hotel thanks to TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. The room was large with 2 queen beds. The restaurant in the hotel was good, and we ate both lunch and dinner there. The hotel is located close to the Magnificent Mile, but far enough away that it was nice and quiet at night. The staff were friendly, helpful and always curtious. Wonderful hotel!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Mairbren
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Stayed here recently on a girlfriend weekend. We not only enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel, but all the personal touches and helpful staff members (from check-in to turn down service; to the chocolates delivered to our door and the friendly concierge). In spite of being close to the elevator we NEVER heard anything in the hallway, however staying on the alley side is not recommended because it was loud.

The bedding was very comfortable, and I enjoyed having several pillows! Next time a romantic trip with my husband will be the reason for my stay! Great location off the mile and conveniently located to everything we planned to do (shop, dine and explore). Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank joyals
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Initially, after checking in to our room, I was a little disappointed by the view, or really, lack of view. It was my first visit to Chicago and all I could see out of my room, was a wall! After I called down to the front desk, asking about a room with a bit more of a view...we were upgraded, to a very large room with lots of windows, facing the street. Very comfortable hotel. Couple of quibbles; their breakfast is really pathetic....supermarket quality sliced breads, unappetizing cold cuts. We went to The Tempo Cafe instead, be warned, it's cash only, but excellent. Other quibble; we got a recommendation for a local restaurant, which turned out to be pretentious and expensive, with forgettable food. The Talbott Hotel, itself, is really terrific!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank karmamama
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I stayed at the Talbott Hotel for one night in February 2010 as I had a business meeting in Chicago. The only reason I selected the Talbott was because of the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed and had a very nice stay.

Pros
-Location: It's close to everything most people would want in Downtown Chicago. Also, there's a Walgreen's right around the corner if you need anything as opposed to raiding the minibar in the room..
-Size: I hate huge hotels. The Tablott is smaller and does not feel crowded.
-Service: The people here are so nice and treated me with great respect. They really made me feel like a valued guest.
-Decor: It has a nice look. Everything seems newer and is tastefully decorated.
-Rooms: Decent size room with a desk, nice bed and linens, and a 40" flat screen TV with 20+ HD channels.
-Price: I still can't believe the room cost only $132!

Cons (nothing too bad, I am nitpicking here)
-The view out my window was another building a few feet away, I guess that's normal for a smaller building in a big city.
-Although free, the internet speed was slow. They have free internet and paid internet which is supposed to be faster. I did not pay for the service, and the free internet is too slow.

As I was here for only one night, I did not get to try the other amenities like the restaurant or fitness center, but the concierge was very nice and helpful with making a dinner reservation. I would have no problem with staying here again on a future trip to Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Though this was our first trip to Chicago, we felt that we had found the perfect hotel for our vacation. The location was absolutely perfect, in the middle of everything. The rooms were generously-sized so you could put your feet up after a day of walking, and the staff was unobtrusive but perfectly helpful when needed. With all that and very reasonable rates, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple