The Talbott Hotel
US$468
US$446
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$220
US$243
US$231
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$263
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$271
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$161
3,213 results
All reviewsapple tvtalbot hotelthe gold coastone bedroom suiterush streetthe magnificent mileturn down servicesmall hotelmichigan avenueroom was largethe entire staffwonderful hoteltwo blocksthe location is perfectthe miracle milewater towerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I had hear wonderful things about the Talbott, so we gave it a try for my birthday. The staff could not have been nicer, but I agree with other reviewers the decor has seen better days. We needed to leave the hotel for all our drinks etc. At breakfast each morning the staff had to repeat very loudly how the breakfast special worked rather than just realizing we understood the concept after the first day. The clock radio's time was off by 15 minutes, so we tried to fix it, and finally had to call someone. They came right away, but they stayed 15 minutes as the clock could only be set internally, so screwdrivers etc were needed. Just buy a low tech clock which interacts with IPODs. There is just so much competition these days, that we will probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crestwicke
Reviewed 9 March 2010

This was my first time to Chicago and I was blown away by the Talbott Hotel. I decided to stay at the hotel after reading great reviews on this website and I was NOT dissapointed. I've stayed at top hotels around the world and this hotel ranks in my top 5. The hotel is small so every guest is given exceptional guest service. Everybody from Gary the concierge, the maids, the front desk, and the bartenders were OUTSTANDING. This hotel is situated in a perfect location. There are lots of restaurants, shopping, and nightlife close by. My wife and I can't wait to go back to the Talbott! Thanks for a memorable vacation.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shane560
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Staff is not familiar with the various offers the hotel advertises and therefore do not present the programs accurately at checkin and then refuse to offer the discounts. Evident lack of training and empowerment for the staff.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank texan100
Reviewed 1 March 2010

My daughter and I stayed four nights at the Talbott for a girls get-away. There are lots of great hotels in the area, but we chose the Talbott after reading the reviews. I think I might want to try somewhere else next time, although this is a very good place to stay. Confused? Let me outline the pros and cons.

The good bit first. The location and service at the Talbott is exceptional. You're within easy reach of some great restaurants and the best shopping is close at hand. The staff are very friendly and attentive, the concierge extremely helpful. There wasn't much of a view from our window, and the room was dark, but as we were out for most of the day, that didn't really matter. Our two-bed Queen room was spacious, giving us plenty of room to spread out.

The down-side. Although you have access to a near-by fitness club, there isn't any at the hotel itself, which for me wasn't great. To be fair, one doesn't expects that at a small boutique hotel, so there the rest has to be pretty fantastic to compensate for what you don't get. But the place needs a little sprucing up. It's all in the details. We sat next to the bussing cart in the breakfast room. Couldn't they find a place in the kitchen for the dirty dishes? The decor of our room was beginning to look a little shabby around the edges. There was some kind of white muck on the drapes that ought to have been obvious to the cleaning staff. Black mold was creeping around the tub edges just a little. The whole burgundy and hunter green motif looked a little tired. Although the bed linens were Frette, they hadn't seen an iron, and the pillows were small foam ones. If these details don't bother you, then you'll have a fine stay at the hotel. I guess from the reviews I was expecting more. I'll try my luck somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Cilantro_and_Lime
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We came downtown to celebrate our anniversary. From the minute we walked in the door we were well taken care of. The staff was very friendly & helpful & the rooms were wonderful! The special price drew us in initially but the amenities will bring us back.
The rooms were spacious, clean, well decorated. Best value for a GREAT hotel in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple