The Talbott Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
3,205 results
All reviewsapple tvtalbot hotelthe gold coastone bedroom suiterush streetthe magnificent mileturn down servicesmall hotelmichigan avenueroom was largethe entire staffwonderful hoteltwo blocksthe location is perfectthe miracle milewater towerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Fantastic logation close to downtown and the Magnificent Mile. Lots of good restaurants within a few blocks especially Gibson which must be the best steakhouse in the world. Rooms large, well apointed and comfortable although traditional decor would not suit everyone. Breakfast was included in the deal, plenty of choice and it set us up well for the day. Gene the concierge was a great help with restaurants, the theatre and tours. Personal touch compared to large corporate chains and great value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2010

This boutique hotel on 20 E. Delaware in Chicago brings quality service to the next level in terms of guest service, committment, professionalism , and top notch customer service! I have worked in the industry,: catering, bartending, fine dining et al ,and was very impressed with the staff here! Perry makes you feel welcome,from the minute your toes touch the cement as you exit your cab! My stay here was warm, welcoming, and freindly. The towels are soft and huge, the bathrooms are clean and good sized. The front desk girls are courteous and professional. The service in the restaurant was fast and the food was very good.
This small, quaint, charming hotel has the feel of home because of their staff, and because they treat you as they want to be treated..with respect. Forget the big hotels with an industrial feel.. my room had a huge HD TV, soft big pillows, a bed that I did not want to get out of the next morning, The turn down service, the houskeeping, and the managment will make want to stay here again and again! Amy Krouse from Northern Arizona. Word to the weary traveler: Do your self a kindess and stay here. I highly recommend it. Yes, I am picky,and found nothing but the best here.Quite impressed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I have to say, what makes this hotel so highly recommended by me, are the people who run it. Mr Martinis, who mans the entrance, was an extremely welcome host to return to each day. His advice, ranging from what is cool in the area to where we should go in the next 5 minutes, was indispensable. Additionally, he and the other staff, were incredibly well presented, polite, friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and great just to chat to.

I don't think I would have enjoyed my stay in the Windy City half as much if I didn't have such good local experts at my very doorstep.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank manyshades
Reviewed 24 March 2010

There is a reason this hotel is ranked one of the top small luxury hotels. Talbott Hotel was so intimate and had such beautiful woodwork on the main level. The room was just beautiful as well as comfortable. The mattress and bedding was ranked right up there with The Drake Hotel! And the location was right in the heart of downtown. Our stay also included breakfast for two (their restaurant/breakfast was amazing)! I'd rank this top of my hotel list as I've also stayed at The Palmer.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lakeMiGirl
Reviewed 19 March 2010

When I travel to Chicago, as I do at least twice a year, I enjoy staying at the Talbott. It is easy to get to by vehicle and easy to navigate back to the highway. It is also centrally located in the Gold Coast area of the city, within easy and pleasant walking distance to shopping, restaurants, bars, and clubs. If you don't feel like walking, a cab is always only a hail away.
During our two-night visit to the city, the weather was a bit rainy and cold. The hotel has umbrellas available for its guests' use near the front desk, which is a nice touch. They are free of charge.
While parking is a bit expensive if you valet, it's really the way to go. The valet suggested that we call at least 20 minutes to a half-hour in advance of wishing to pick up our vehicle, but it only took about 10 minutes from the time I called to the time I was able to pick up my car in front of the building.
Check-in and check-out were pleasant experiences. I felt welcome, invited, and not in the least snubbed, which is an experience I have had at the Park Hyatt and the Sofitel. I would definitely stay here again: the price and the location are key. Service is excellent and can't be beat. 24-hour room service is a must-have for me and this place is wonderful.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple